advertisement

MLE (multicultural London English)

In the depths of darkest Lincolnshire (north-ish), the street youths are definitely speaking London English fam....

It is all over the country Bruv- we have a manager at work who must be in his late 30's that talks Ghetto- it is really quite disturbing.

Peace out.

It is all over the country Bruv- we have a manager at work who must be in his late 30's that talks Ghetto- it is really quite disturbing.

Peace out.

Sounds like that manager is a real ‘G’..... A new level of cringe. Seems like self awareness is in short supply.

Peace out.
That's not language evolution, that's just someone being a bellend. I had this at the last place I worked, the IT Helpdesk, based in Wakefield, had a kid who thought that he was Ali G. He was actually a British Asian from Bradford, and the affected patois was both cringeworthy and incomprehensible. Bear in mind that I live within a few miles of both where he grew up and where he worked, you can see that it was a nonsense.

Last edited:
Youngsters use language to fit in, it has phases and is meant to be impenetrable to the clueless (from their pov) and in most cases can be dropped at the tip of a hat.
Anyone hiring for a receptionist would be a idiot to not ensure that this point was explored at a interview.
You’d be amazed how many of them talk coherently when they walk through their parents door else they’d get a slap, most Indian and coloured parents consider it extremely rude in the house.

advertisement

Back