advertisement

Mike & Dave's Hi-Fi Riff YouTube Channel.

I always enjoy watching riffs.Its got a sat at a table in a pub sort of feel about it and I enjoy the background on the products they are talking about so find it educational as well.Always enjoyed Dave Prices magazine journalism and his taste in music. And he has been in the industry for a good 35 years.Although not sure what Mike does at all.
Just affordable real world new and old kit discussed you know what it will be like.

I don't like Riff much, having seen several of them recently. The banter thing becomes really annoying after a while (like Top Gear does hi-fi somehow) and they do make suprising mistakes. Darko seems a bit of an arriviste and occasionally goes yapping after whatever the latest fashion is.

I have more time for the Americans (Fremer and Guttenberg), but I have about as much faith in the reviewing powers on show in any of this as I have for mag reviews; namely it works as a kind of in-depth advert, but mot much more.

I don't like Riff much, having seen several of them recently. The banter thing becomes really annoying after a while (like Top Gear does hi-fi somehow) and they do make suprising mistakes. Darko seems a bit of an arriviste and occasionally goes yapping after whatever the latest fashion is.

I have more time for the Americans (Fremer and Guttenberg), but I have about as much faith in the reviewing powers on show in any of this as I have for mag reviews; namely it works as a kind of in-depth advert, but mot much more.
I like Fremer but he really likes to be star of the show and at times I often wonder if he has any knowledge at all about stuff and merely believes everything he's told without questioning it?

They look very clean. You could eat your dinner off David Price’s forehead. Extremely clean men.

advertisement

Back