advertisement

MDAC first listen (part VI)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I'm excited - I've developed new circuits for almost every section, so as an R&D project its exciting - keen to hear how it sounds at the end of the day.

Not to mention I also have to wean SQ off his Weiss!

You can but try John, I'd love to be able to liquidate the 3k I have invested in it.

Is it Rotel by any chance?

I totally agree - from the style of arguments and the level of negativity directed towards me I believe I know who the poster is..

Interesting. We've never met or corresponded before, and I'm not a disgruntled customer. Sounds a bit paranoid.

Anyway, I tried to help.

Rotel is Japanese.

There are not many 'bastions' of the UK hifi industry who are on the road to audio oblivion because they don't have any DAC offerings. Most at least have a CD player with digital inputs. I can only come up with two that don't:

Creek.

Roksan.

Maybe we should look towards speaker manufacturers, where the range of British bastions may be larger ;-) Kef (Chinese/UK), Mordaunt-Short, ProAc, Quad (?), Spendor, Tannoy?

The problem is £300 estimated isnt going to fit with many hifi companies hifi pricing structures is it!
The only UK(ish) brand that get close to this kind of value are Cambridge Audio and they've already got a good Dac and maybe Arcam who also have a Dac, i cant think of any UK companies that are really good VFM, what if it's AVi? lol

To be honest I'm not bothered who produces it. Wasn't a huge fan of audiolab especially their amplifiers (8200) until they did the John Westlake products. If the BDAC is as good as it is claimed. I wouldn't be too bothered if it was panasonic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back