advertisement

MDAC first listen (part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
John specifically said on one of these threads that it could be offered as either an IAG or a Westlake upgrade.

I think I may go for the MDAC and sell it if the Cross upgrade becomes available for the CDQ.

Does anyone have an opinion on what second hand power amps, up to say £200, would work well with the MDAC? Quad 306? Arcam Alpha 8 or 9? Rotels? Anything else? I'd be feeding it into Monopulse S speakers.

Does anyone have an opinion on what second hand power amps, up to say £200, would work well with the MDAC? Quad 306? Arcam Alpha 8 or 9? Rotels? Anything else? I'd be feeding it into Monopulse S speakers.

I used an Exposure 2010 power amp with my Mdac for a while before I got actives.

It was a fine peppy beast, excellent for the cash. About £200 - £220.

And loads of people have plenty good things to say about the Quads. Both pretty good, safe buys I would think.

There are also a few AVI power amps on flea bay from time to time (the S2000 range) for around that price too. Tremendous.

You also might just find an MF A3 for that kind of money, though probably a bit more.

Of course not. I mean in general, when people licence things. I find the notion fascinating, but have zero business knowledge. Or legal for that matter.
one legal entity (eg John or a company), the licensor, owns the intellectual property (IP) (the creative/inventive bit that is of commercial value) and another legal entity (eg audiolab or another company), the licensee, is given permission to make commercial use of that intellectual property. The details of the licence agreement will determine where and how the IP can be used and the financial arrangements for its use

I used an Exposure 2010 power amp with my Mdac for a while before I got actives.

It was a fine peppy beast, excellent for the cash. About £200 - £220.

And loads of people have plenty good things to say about the Quads. Both pretty good, safe buys I would think.

There are also a few AVI power amps on flea bay from time to time (the S2000 range) for around that price too. Tremendous.

You also might just find an MF A3 for that kind of money, though probably a bit more.

Thanks. I'm thinking of going active in time, gonna try some power amps in the meantime via eebay and, eventually, the M-AMP but the lure of less wires and boxes is tempting! Adams and Dynaudios look lovely. I've already mooted it to the mrs but she says she LIKES the 'art deco' look of the Monopulses and requested we keep them!

I wish I hadn't paid for mine in advance, let me tell you. I'm still looking forward to getting the MDAC, but if I'd known that it was going to take as long as this I'd have held back. FWIW in my case it was complicated by the fact I traded in my headphone amp against the purchase price, and wanted to buy it during the current company trading year (which ends tomorrow as it happens) for reasons I won't bore you with.

AFTER 4 MONTHS AND HAVING PAID FOR IT, MDAC STILL NOT ARRIVED...

SO UPSET

SERGIO

Can you not get your money back from the dealer?

Audiolab really need a damn kick up the backside - not a good way to garner customer satisfaction/loyalty really is it...

SO UPSET

SERGIO

Sergio,

Today, I've just unloaded my container with my Lab from China, just unpacking, so hopefully will have a basic lab up by tomorrow and I can test a MDAC for you and send it out...

Good luck getting a reply, still waiting for an answer to my email from about 4 weeks ago :eek:

Funnily enough emails regarding costs for failed replacement parts (with a known manufacturing defect) where replied to the next day :rolleyes:

Got a reply today.
My experience generally matches Arthurs - I always find Helpdesk-Steve a very responsive and helpful chap.

Sounds like he can arrange a warranty swap if needed.

Sergio,

Today, I've just unloaded my container with my Lab from China, just unpacking, so hopefully will have a basic lab up by tomorrow and I can test a MDAC for you and send it out...

hi John, thank you, however in my opinion audiolab (or better IAG) seems not professional in the way they're handling the situation and also the shop where i have bought the dac.
cheers
s.

Ordered mine exactly 3.5 months ago....AND IT ARRIVES TODAY (IN LOCAL TRANSIT) :) ... UPDATE: M-DAC has been (finally) delivered :D ...

mdaci.jpg

Sergio,

Hi John,
Test and send out two, possibly...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back