advertisement

MDAC First Listen (part 00111001)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haphy Mew Your! Sure could use some DETOXification after last night! ;-)

All kidding aside... Best wishes for a Happy, Healthy, Productive, and Prosperous New Year!

Happy new year to you all - so my New Years resolution is to start shipping designs!

By the end of the day - I'll ship the four MDAC's that have been here waiting to be recapped / repaired - and that cleans out last years MDAC baggage.

Then DevDAC PCB's - if time allows this evening.

I've been away from the Forum for a while and haven't had the chance to follow this thread.

Can anyone update me on the Detox?

Cheers!

New Year clear out :)

PhilCTTE
SQ
Achim
jwceltic

You have PM - your MDAC's are ready.

MBoudis - I have your Silver MDAC here with upgraded PSU (cable) - I guess waiting for the MDAC2 PCB.

Apart from the salvaged MDAC's - I dont believe we have any other customer units waiting to be repaired - if I've missed someone MDAC then PLEASE contact me!

I've been away from the Forum for a while and haven't had the chance to follow this thread.

Can anyone update me on the Detox?

Cheers!

radamel,

After clearing out all of last years MDAC backlong, I'm just about to run manufacture of first units this weekend (DevDAC, MDAC2 streamer and Lakewest Ministreamer).

While its not yet the Detox, whats important is that we are starting to ship products (my New Years resolution) :)

JohnW,

I have a set of questions:

Does the state of the filters / volume / input saved when DEVDAC power is off ? It's to know whether or not i have to take care of it by reading the information or by saving the info into a database on the RaspPI.

As there are a lot of filters what do you think is the best visual option to select the active one: menu, button list, push button with switching visual info ?

For triggering feedback from the devdac to catch information (like frequency/resolution/...) do you think a 2s delay is convenient ?

Bests

Hluga,

Jarek will reply directly here soon, but:-

We are saving all the settings in onboard eeprom and you can recall them thru the protocol when the unit is switched on as those are the settings it will configure everything to (volume, filter, etc..) even before the RPI is booted up.

radamel,

After clearing out all of last years MDAC backlong, I'm just about to run manufacture of first units this weekend (DevDAC, MDAC2 streamer and Lakewest Ministreamer).

While its not yet the Detox, whats important is that we are starting to ship products (my New Years resolution) :)

Thank you for the update, John!

Have a great 2018!

Does the state of the filters / volume / input saved when DEVDAC power is off ? It's to know whether or not i have to take care of it by reading the information or by saving the info into a database on the RaspPI.
Yes, they will be saved on the streamer board as the streamer needs to initialize all the DACs. I'm not sure if all information like this will be saved, but things like volume, filter, input for sure.
As there are a lot of filters what do you think is the best visual option to select the active one: menu, button list, push button with switching visual info ?
For me it would be some kind of list in the UI with picture of the impulse response next to it and maybe some description of the filter... LG us using UI like this for its V30: https://www.androidheadlines.com/wp...08/LG-V30-audio-announcement-pre-launch-2.jpg
For triggering feedback from the devdac to catch information (like frequency/resolution/...) do you think a 2s delay is convenient ?
Is there a reason for such delay? I would even put something like 500ms or lower. There is already delay of something between 500ms-1s on the DAC board. It has to decode, calculate fs and make sure its stable.
Or maybe you meant to pool the DAC with 2s intervals? Thats not needed, as the protocol reports everything that changed with push event.

Hi John/Jarek,

How far advanced is the software for the ministreamer?

Simon.

Early engineering units will be released with a "get you going software" that supports:-

● Playback of all major file formats: PCM up to 24bits / 384 kHz DSD128 (DSD256 Native should also work)
● Playback from local storage, from USB drive or NAS
● Dirble and Shoutcast WebRadio directories
● Bluetooth playback support
● UPNP renderer capability
● ROON Ready Endpoint (requires ROON Certification)
● CD Playback and ripping support
● Favourites and playlists handling
● Multi-device selection from UI
● Multi-language UI
● First configuration Wizard
● CD Audio Playback
● Local file playback from internal Memory with some form of file management. Local file playback from internal memory working on current release. Ability to delete files and folders from User interface will be added later.

STREAMING SERVICES :

The following streaming services integration are available
- TIDAL
- Spotify

These early units are for not intended for general pubic release at this time - but for those who are technically competent with Linux and understand that the software / hardware is work in progress - they should also be located in Europe if a hardware update / modification is required.

New Year clear out :)
MBoudis - I have your Silver MDAC here with upgraded PSU (cable) - I guess waiting for the MDAC2 PCB.

Happy New Year (still allowed until Easter, right?)!

Great - yes, this one for MDAC2 PCB - quantity of my current DACs is fine, so I can delay for quality ...

Happy New Year (still allowed until Easter, right?)!

Great - yes, this one for MDAC2 PCB - quantity of my current DACs is fine, so I can delay for quality ...

Under the Ways and Means Act of 1800 you may wish everyone a Happy New Year until the end of January.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back