advertisement

MDAC First Listen (part 00111001)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be happy to pay in advance too. The complete production cost of the units with your teams time, electricity and drinks included...;)

+1

Nice to see progress and that things deliver as scheduled :)
Thanks john !

P.S.: I will be interested in the 8200 MB you propose me. We will see for details when Streamer/Devdac ready to ship

I would be happy to pay in advance too. The complete production cost of the units with your teams time, electricity and drinks included...;)

I'm not

I signed up many years ago for an Mdac [now evolved into FDAC], VFETS and even supported the detox in a misguided attempt to grease the project wheels so to speak

I also started selling off a lot of my very nice kit based upon your "completion predictions" in preparation to receive your products, which never materialised to the point where I no longer get exited about HiFi as much as I did, and now have had a less entertaining system as a result.

so, after what can't be far off 5 years, I "might" get a Detox before Xmas

forgive me if I don't fall at your feet offering cash incentives !

regardless of how good your products are when they do arrive, I'm afraid this "adventure" has disappointed on many levels for me., and continues to do so.

+1

Nice to see progress and that things deliver as scheduled :)
Thanks john !

P.S.: I will be interested in the 8200 MB you propose me. We will see for details when Streamer/Devdac ready to ship

Hluga,

Yes - the 8200MB's are on the back of my mind, thinking we ship with the Streamer / Devdac PCB - I'm I correct your interested in the Devdac?

I'm not

I signed up many years ago for an Mdac [now evolved into FDAC], VFETS and even supported the detox in a misguided attempt to grease the project wheels so to speak

I also started selling off a lot of my very nice kit based upon your "completion predictions" in preparation to receive your products, which never materialised to the point where I no longer get exited about HiFi as much as I did, and now have had a less entertaining system as a result.

so, after what can't be far off 5 years, I "might" get a Detox before Xmas

forgive me if I don't fall at your feet offering cash incentives !

regardless of how good your products are when they do arrive, I'm afraid this "adventure" has disappointed on many levels for me., and continues to do so.

Stephen,

This side of Christmas should see the Detox & and atleast one variant of the MDAC2 released :)

Me too, but maybe hold off on those drinks until the MDAC2 boards are shipped!

Yes you're correct ;)

Bests

Hluga,

That's great, thank you :)

I hope to use the funds from selling the DevDac PCB's to pay for the reeled stock for the Detox etc.

The plan is that we will offer an additional USB / PMD200 (HDCD) PCB that plugs into the top of the DevDac PCB so it can function as a standalone DAC once the steamer PCB is installed in the MDAC2.

The PMD200 on this PCB is to test HDCD function ahead of MDAC2 - the USB daughter PCB can be fitted with or without the optional PMD200 (that plan is to use its excellent digital filter).

Do you have a 12Vdc 1A PSU for this board (as I dont yet have the Detox PSU's yet)?

I've programmed the DevDac PCB into the PnP machine and am waiting for some parts to arrive (hopefully tomorrow) before we run the first batch of PCB's.

Me too, but maybe hold off on those drinks until the MDAC2 boards are shipped!

Thank you everyone for the offer, but at this time I hope to finance the reeled stock by offering the DevDac's for the Steamer PCB.

Hluga,

That's great, thank you :)

I hope to use the funds from selling the DevDac PCB's to pay for the reeled stock for the Detox etc.

The plan is that we will offer an additional USB / PMD200 (HDCD) PCB that plugs into the top of the DevDac PCB so it can function as a standalone DAC once the steamer PCB is installed in the MDAC2.

The PMD200 on this PCB is to test HDCD function ahead of MDAC2 - the USB daughter PCB can be fitted with our without the PMD200 (that plan is to use its excellent digital filter).

Do you have a 12Vdc 1A PSU for this board (as I dont yet have the Detox PSU's yet)?

I've programmed the DevDac PCB into the PnP machine and am waiting for some parts to arrive (hopefully tomorrow) before we run the first batch of PCB's.
It sounds nice.

I dont have a PSU but if you can send me a good ref i can order it now.

I used to have a Rotel RCD 971 HDCD player and i like its filter sound so hear about PMD200 is very exciting ;)

Bests

Thank you everyone for the offer, but at this time I hope to finance the reeled stock by offering the DevDac's for the Steamer PCB.

John, I’m probably being dim but what does that actually mean? Isn’t the streamer PCB designed to be an integral part of MDAC2?

I dont have a PSU but if you can send me a good ref i can order it now.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5338728743&icep_item=142483143668

Looks interesting but I cannot vouch for its safety - maybe I should buy one to confirm.

What would be ideal if I could confirm a "part number" with the vendor for our DEVDAC project and a second part number for the Detox 9V (as an upgrade PSU).

Power input to the DEVDAC PCB is via a Multicomp MJ-179PH DC Barrel Jack:-

Barrel Outer Diameter:- 6mm

Barrel Pin Diameter:- 1.95mm

12Vdc 1A

Center Pin = Positive terminal

PCB terminal:-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eeyqxnza6jnwx00/Multicomp MJ-179PH.pdf?dl=0

I'll also Email the seller and see what I can arrange.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
John, I’m probably being dim but what does that actually mean? Isn’t the streamer PCB designed to be an integral part of MDAC2?

Paul,

Yes, the MDAC2 streamer PCB is specifically designed to be installed internally within the new MDAC2 - hence its odd "L" shaped design to allow clearance over the analogue section (so it does not cover the Analogue stage).

To aid in software development and debugging it can also be used with the DevDac PCB as a working streamer solution ahead of the MDAC2 release - this allows the Italian software team to have a working "MDAC2" emulation hardware.

The DevDAC is also a decent DAC especially considering its cost - allowing those not scared of a bit of DiY to have some fun and be our first software "Guinea pig's" :) we would really appreciate lots of "first user" feedback to improve the software before its "mass" PFM release.

The funds from the DevDAc sales will be put towards purchasing the reeled stock for Detox production etc.

Hi John,

I just read about this: https://cartesianco.com/... apparently one of the most disruptive companies of 2017. Thought I'd pass it on in case it's useful.

Cartesion Co. is the creator of the Argentum–the world’s first desktop electronics printer. The Argentum can print on a variety of substrates, can print rigid and flexible items, and can even print on a cardstock substrate which they sell on their site. Right now, the printers are sold out. They have remained in constant demand. This is a perfect solution for electronics aficionados who need parts quickly to complete their projects and prototypes.

Cheers,
Bruce

Bruce,

Interesting, but for audio applications I'd be worried about sonic impact of the "Ink" as opposed to "pure" copper tracks.

If you want you can buy one to test and i refund you as i need one anyways.

I Emailed the vendor early this morning - but as of yet no reply.

Also - missing components arrived earlier today so I'll load up the machine and see how the first Devdac PCB goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back