advertisement

MDAC First Listen (part 00111001)

Status
Not open for further replies.
John,

Congrats to you, Jarek and Michelangelo!

Still trying to decide between FDAC and MDAC2. Could you please confirm that both MDAC2 analogue outputs will be usable simultaneously, i.e. the XLRs driving, say, a pair of Miniamps and the asymetrical ones feeding a sub with stereo line-level inputs?

Thanks in advance for the answer, keep up the good work!

Hi John

Would love to see some images of the new machinery in action, if you have a moment :)

Thanks

I'm really not one to be posting pictures of myself! but just yesterday we had a few pictures taken for a magazine article (which might talk about our PFM project :) ).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0utadsk986tc0hf/DSC_0280.JPG?dl=0

Do stripes make me look fat? :p

No, but the photographer should have rejected the striped shirt as it causes moire patterns, then again, the bare chested look may have not been quite what he was after to illustrate the article!

Oh wow, loads of stuff are gone

Yes a couple of racks have gone to make way for the Solder mask printer / PnP machine etc.

Before the lab was set-up for R&D - now we are moving towards small scale production of the PFM units we have had to rearrange things around in the limited lab space.

We don't plan long-term production, only completing our PFM commitment and then future R&D boards.

The PnP machine etc. was basically purchased to complete the PFM projects.

And how is that coming? When can we expect the first batch of Detox boxes?

Streamer board first (we are building first boards honing the process) - I also need to calculate the PCB cost for the Detox manufactured here in Czech but I've been busy working on the MDAC2 design.

Monday I'll start on the Detox costings.

Streamer board first (we are building first boards honing the process) - I also need to calculate the PCB cost for the Detox manufactured here in Czech but I've been busy working on the MDAC2 design.

I'm signed up for a detox, and looking forward to it, but when I get my MDAC2 and streamer, I won't actually need the detox with my MDAC2? (if that is the case I'll use it with my original MDAC1 & SBT in the office).

I've also sold my power amp, so very keen to get my hands on my VFET - no pressure, but...

:D

That's great John. Thanks.

I just hope we will avoid a situation when weeks have gone by and everything is put on hold for the streamer to finish.

I am sure you agree the works on the three projects should run in parallel. Really like to have Detox before Christmas.

Cheers.

I just hope we will avoid a situation when weeks have gone by and everything is put on hold for the streamer to finish.

Not only is the streamer platform critical to fund the next stages of the projects - but we also need to get units with the DEVDAC into to field to start to debug and feedback process.

I'm using developments of the streamer platform to fund purchase of the reeled stock of components for the next phase = starting to manufacture PCB's.

We have about 100 detox's due for production, but I need to purchase the components in 2K to 5k Qtys (reeled stock) to fit on the machine, with only 100pcs there is a big sort fall in funding to purchase the component stock - hence Jareks focus on the streamer related designs.

I am sure you agree the works on the three projects should run in parallel. Really like to have Detox before Christmas.

By Christmas I can realistically see the following joining the PFM community :)

Streamer PCB

Streamer DEVDAC

Detox

A MDAC2 variant

We have about 100 detox's due for production, but I need to purchase the components in 2K to 5k Qtys (reeled stock) to fit on the machine, with only 100pcs there is a big sort fall in funding to purchase the component stock - hence Jareks focus on the streamer related designs.

Again, thanks for clarifying.

May I make a suggestion. If additional funds can speed up the Detox release, people on Detox list can VOLUNTARILY make a 50, 100, or 150 Pounds advance payment. I'll be happy to put in the first 150 Pounds for my unit.

Even if we get 30 to 50 people to volunteer it could go towards any short term funding issues.

Just a suggestion.

I would be happy to pay in advance too. The complete production cost of the units with your teams time, electricity and drinks included...;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back