advertisement

MDAC First Listen (part 00111001)

Status
Not open for further replies.
nice !

Waiting for your email.
D'ont forget that you propoe me to lend a pair of monoblocks while waiting for VFET(s)
Bests from france

John,

Thanks for the update that is great news!
Guess I will take a look at MoOde and try it on a RPI while waiting for the DevDac and streamer.

Really looking forward to hearing the DevDac and streamer combination:p

Rune,

I'd really appreciate your feedback WRT Volumio / moOde as I'm at a crossroads WRT a continued working relationship with MA from Volmiuo - so we need to find a suitable streaming software replacement to move forward, not only for our "bespoke" Lakewest designs but also other larger OEM clients.

I'd like to work with Tim from moOde to add "Buttons" on the UI to select the DAC input source and Digital filter type - I'm not sure how we will work this out as it would be a "fork" to the current moOde build, and any forks get messy to support!

I need to get Tim hardware so he has something to play with - so the initial moOde software will be "standard" - I'd like to believe that Tim will see the potential in the hardware and add the more custom features (Input & Digital filter select).

These first DevDAC systems are really "developmental" but I believe you will see a rapid advancement in there "fearture set". Hardware's "nice" we "just" need to start the ball rolling on the software...

Looking forward to your first impressions of Volumio verses moOde

Uploading different software takes about 10 minutes at most, but as the CM3 modules with the eMMC are swapable we could supply two CM3 modules, one with Volumio build and the second with moOde... the second CM3 supplied at cost...

Any Moode users note the next version 4 will not be a simple Image to put on a card, setup and run it. It will require running some Linux coding to create the img. Get you hands dirty and check out, enhance your IT skills.

John,

Is this a potential problem? I'm guessing you already have it covered.

WRT to the streamer software there are two options offered at the moment:-

Volumio and MoOde - we can ship with your preferred option (you can try both options by re-flashing the onboard eMMC)

John,
That’s good news. Will either of these be necessary if Roon is used?

Rune
Hluga
Stephen Grenfell
Jadidih101

I've emailed you with payment request for the DevDAC (and streamer PCB where required).

We will ship within two weeks - Jadidih, yours will be first to ship...

Rune
Hluga
Stephen Grenfell
Jadidih101

I've emailed you with payment request for the DevDAC (and streamer PCB where required).

These first DevDAC systems are really "developmental" but I believe you will see a rapid advancement in there "fearture set". Hardware's "nice" we "just" need to start the ball rolling on the software...

Thanks for your email message.

I wasn’t aware that things were going TU with Michelangelo.

In your email you mention "moOde lacks some fairly important features such as Rune". Why do you care about Rune ?.

I’ll take the Volumino build for the streamer since it comes with Roon Bridge pre-installed.

My interest is in Roon, as this is the player I use for all my music (few thousand CDs on a NAS) and Tidal. But I will also play with Volumio and try the moOde build.

The mini steamer chassis fits the DevDac + steamer board right ?, what does it cost ?.

Very much looking forward to hearing the DevDac.

Rune
Hluga
Stephen Grenfell
Jadidih101

Thanks John. Payment for DevDAC and MDAC2 streamer made. Looking forward to receiving them.

Sorry to hear about Volumio but I am sure we can get the ball rolling with MoOde and perhaps revisit Volumio more in future.

Don't sweat the software too much. Just, please get the hardware out and we can work on fine tuning the software over a longer period, which was the expected situation anyway.

Cheers!

Rune
Hluga
Stephen Grenfell
Jadidih101

John,
I have not received a mail.

Thanks John. Payment for DevDAC and MDAC2 streamer made. Looking forward to receiving them.

Sorry to hear about Volumio but I am sure we can get the ball rolling with MoOde and perhaps revisit Volumio more in future.

Don't sweat the software too much. Just, please get the hardware out and we can work on fine tuning the software over a longer period, which was the expected situation anyway.

We can install standard release volumio - but not an OEM version.

No we are not going to get too hung up with the software at this time - its EXACTLY why we pushed for an early release of hardware.

Which was the expected situation anyway.

Exactly :)

Thank you for the payment :)

I’ll take the Volumino build for the streamer since it comes with Roon Bridge pre-installed.

My interest is in Roon, as this is the player I use for all my music (few thousand CDs on a NAS) and Tidal. But I will also play with Volumio and try the moOde build.

OK, noted, we will ship your unit with standard Volumio installed.

The mini steamer chassis fits the DevDac + steamer board right ?, what does it cost ?.

No, the Ministreamer is a standalone streamer in its own chassis - its 120mm Deep x 108mm Wide and 26mm High.

We are considering offering a laser cut Acrylic sheet with the 2 pcb's mounted :-

https://www.elecrow.com/5pcs-acrylic-laser-cutting-service.html

We would need 300mm X 300mm 5mm clear acrylic sheets - they are rather expensive, but would offer a stable & secure platform for the PCB's (and some physical protection to the bare boards, but don't slide the acrylic on say the carpet as this would Static generated could damage the streamer).

Well, at least 4 of us will be getting nice Xmas presents (DACs for xmas) ..... I'm only saying that because, I'm jealous..:)

Personally, I'm not too concerned about software as long as I get remote control to access similar functionality as the MDAC and we have asynchronous USB as I've got a usable feed for it. (I use Foobar2000 (on a zenbook), Monkeymote+ipad on my MDAC).

John if it's easily doable in the future (after shipments have been made) I wouldn't mind getting a laser cut Chassis replacement for the MDAC2 it would look cool.....reminds me of the Doctor Who story: The Brain of Morbius.

Acrylic may replace plywood....misterdog?..;)

OK, noted, we will ship your unit with standard Volumio installed.

No, the Ministreamer is a standalone streamer in its own chassis - its 120mm Deep x 108mm Wide and 26mm High.

We are considering offering a laser cut Acrylic sheet with the 2 pcb's mounted :-

https://www.elecrow.com/5pcs-acrylic-laser-cutting-service.html

We would need 300mm X 300mm 5mm clear acrylic sheets - they are rather expensive, but would offer a stable & secure platform for the PCB's (and some physical protection to the bare boards, but don't slide the acrylic on say the carpet as this would Static generated could damage the streamer).
I 've got a big fablab close to my house so if you can provide with the plans i can manage to make my own support either in acrylic or in plywood using their laser printer

You talk about adding "buttons" i think that you mean physical buttons to interact with software. When you send me the DEVDAC could you provide me with a hardware description of the "buttons" interface ?

Moreover is it possible to have 64Gb eMMC instead of 4 fot the streamer ?

Bests

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back