advertisement

MDAC First Listen (part 00110100)

Status
Not open for further replies.
John has not delivered anything after more than 4 years.

You choose to miss the point that the only payments we have received are project "Development funding payments" and the stacks of prototype PCB's in the lab (12 at a quick count and there are more) are the result of this development - so I HAVE delivered product development - we have worked continually on the designs development.

I'm now combining the various development sections into one design - this is a swift process now that the "Pure Research" has been completed for MDAC2.

I cannot try to justify the extend development time - but I can say Munich for the first MDAC2's with a few PP units in the field before...

Hi John,
I am moving back to my home country and will not have my system setup for a while.
In the meantime I need to make some decisions (either selling some parts or taking with me), can you please provide your vision of delivery timescales for the fdac and vfets? Not to set in stone but to enable me to make the best decisions.
Thanks

Hi JohnW,
Sorry to insist but can you please reply to the above? I will have to make a decision very soon on what I am doing with my kit, and that decision will be based upon estimated delivery dates of FDAC and VFETs.
Thanks,
Ricardo

I'm tempted to switch to MDAC2 as it will hopefully be available next year and I wonder how much longer FDAC will be, I've also been very tempted to buy a Mytek Brooklyn. Upgraditis has really set in :p

Ricardo,

I'm very sorry no intend to ignore you...

Its hard to put a firm date on the FDAC as MDAC2 will start shipping in May - its difficult to predict how much "Back up" support will be required.

I'll be able to loan you a MDAC2 until the FDAC is ready if that effects your decision and if its any help - realistically I'd like the VFET's shipped by the summer - if we say what ever happens you will have the VFET by July is that OK? (maybe sooner) as we have a 4th team member joining in the new year...

We have the first VF Miniamp chassis arriving within the next couple of weeks - this is a trial of our CNC machining planned for the larger VFETs.... however despite being designed for an affordable pair of monoblocks - the VR chassis will now be first used for the MDAC2 external PSU - that's my planning for you!

Jarek and I just discussed the next couple of weeks work, and the Stage 2 PCB for the MDAC2 (RPI CM3 based SOC) will have a FDAC display interface connector so we can build upon the MDAC2 software towards FDAC. MDAC2 is a big step towards FDAC...

We also decided that eventually after FDAC is shipped we will retrofit the MDAC2 with a new front panel and smaller touch panel display so it will become a more aligned with the FDAC user interface...

I'm tempted to switch to MDAC2 as it will hopefully be available next year and I wonder how much longer FDAC will be, I've also been very tempted to buy a Mytek Brooklyn. Upgraditis has really set in :p

Nick,

The MDAC2 will be very decent especially now we have the HQ PSU as standard...

If you itching for an upgrade and are OK with RCA outptus - hold off for a month or so and I'll arrange the little DAC for you it will more then tie you over until May and MDAC2 :)

The "little Dac" uses a pair of the latest hyperstream II DACs from ESS and are sonically a big step up :)

Ricardo,

I'm very sorry no intend to ignore you...

Its hard to put a firm date on the FDAC as MDAC2 will start shipping in May - its difficult to predict how much "Back up" support will be required.

I'll be able to loan you a MDAC2 until the FDAC is ready if that effects your decision and if its any help - realistically I'd like the VFET's shipped by the summer - if we say what ever happens you will have the VFET by July is that OK? (maybe sooner) as we have a 4th team member joining in the new year...

We have the first VF Miniamp chassis arriving within the next couple of weeks - this is a trial of our CNC machining planned for the larger VFETs.... however despite being designed for an affordable pair of monoblocks - the VR chassis will now be first used for the MDAC2 external PSU - that's my planning for you!

Jarek and I just discussed the next couple of weeks work, and the Stage 2 PCB for the MDAC2 (RPI CM3 based SOC) will have a FDAC display interface connector so we can build upon the MDAC2 software towards FDAC. MDAC2 is a big step towards FDAC...

We also decided that eventually after FDAC is shipped we will retrofit the MDAC2 with a new front panel and smaller touch panel display so it will become a more aligned with the FDAC user interface...

Hi JohnW,
That is fine! I am not looking for a firm date but instead for what's currently in your plans. Beeing a vfet owner I might go for the mdac2 while I wait for the fdac and taking the opportunity of saving a bit in the dev fees.
My decision is more related to whether i should sell my kit in UK where I will get more money for it (but will not have kit until the fdac/vfet arrives) or take the kit with me and get less money for it back in the my home country when fdac/vfet arrives.

Have now enough information to make my decision, thanks.

You did pay the development cost a few months after March 2014 so there's no way you could say that you had expected that to be a realistic schedule.

More importantly, what do you think you'll accomplish by saying that the leader of an ongoing crowd funding project which you have paid for and want to get out of without incurring in a loss has "no credibility'?

Ahhh so I see the fan boys have arrived.

Your point makes no sense.

The website clearly said

- "March 14 first mdac2 boards coming off the production line"

John has not delivered the development and there is no product. He has no credibility due to being 3 years late.

I keep asking but there is stony silence. John when are you going to delicer the fdac?

He has no credibility because he has countless times stated completion dates and failed to acheive them.

You have no credibilty for tying to defend the indefensible.

You choose to miss the point that the only payments we have received are project "Development funding payments" and the stacks of prototype PCB's in the lab (12 at a quick count and there are more) are the result of this development - so I HAVE delivered product development - we have worked continually on the designs development.

I'm now combining the various development sections into one design - this is a swift process now that the "Pure Research" has been completed for MDAC2.

I cannot try to justify the extend development time - but I can say Munich for the first MDAC2's with a few PP units in the field before...

John

I have paid for something you havent delivered.

I have no faith in your promises.

I tolerated the design change to fdac and based decisions around that in good faith that it would be delivered. It hasnt and you cannot provide any information as to when it will. Not that iwould trust it if you did.

The mdac2 is no longer an option, and even then its still 6 months away if it were.

Its your credibilty and reputayion here John. I would suggest that you admidt that you have failed to do what you committed to, what myself and others bought into in good faith, and give regunds to those that want them.

I love this thread, honestly! Despite I'm kind of all in Johns developments, I really enjoy what's going to happen here. Crowdfunding is depending on trust. And trust is a very valuable currency... For me, I am still loving the journey and taking part of a unique process. Even if timescales are delaying, my entertainment is more than secured :) And the benefit (some nice toys for costs I could not afford in regular markets) is obvious. Trusting is the price... That's the game.

Ahhh so I see the fan boys have arrived.

Your point makes no sense.

The website clearly said

- "March 14 first mdac2 boards coming off the production line"

John has not delivered the development and there is no product. He has no credibility due to being 3 years late.

I keep asking but there is stony silence. John when are you going to delicer the fdac?

He has no credibility because he has countless times stated completion dates and failed to acheive them.

You have no credibilty for tying to defend the indefensible.

Now I have no credibility? :cool:

Who do you think you are, the final arbiter of people's credibility?

I think you should get a grip.

John

I have paid for something you havent delivered.

I have no faith in your promises.

I tolerated the design change to fdac and based decisions around that in good faith that it would be delivered. It hasnt and you cannot provide any information as to when it will. Not that iwould trust it if you did.

The mdac2 is no longer an option, and even then its still 6 months away if it were.

Its your credibilty and reputayion here John. I would suggest that you admidt that you have failed to do what you committed to, what myself and others bought into in good faith, and give regunds to those that want them.

BE718, you have made your point. Several times. Crowdfunding is what it is. No refund was ever offered or implied. That you can pass your position on to someone else is as good as it gets, and returns your money. Why not settle for this?

You're a bright bloke - everyone else can see that the extended development period has been because of beneficial scope creep. Along the way, the VFET and DETOX designs have also been created. And do remember that recent visitors to John's lab have come back impressed with what they have heard.

John is a perfectionist. When he designed the MDAC - the reason we are all here - he would have been working to a corporate budget and deadline. Now that he is his own boss, he's spent as much time as he felt necessary to achieve the design he would want to produce. Yes, it's taken time but he's put everything he's got into it and I don't expect the end result will do his credibility any harm at all.

So, as the end is in sight and sounding promising, I wonder why you are making so much noise. Please desist and be sensible otherwise you're risking getting banned from the forum (and that wouldn't meet any of your objectives).

I sincerely hope you reflect and have a happy christmas.

I love this thread, honestly! Despite I'm kind of all in Johns developments, I really enjoy what's going to happen here. Crowdfunding is depending on trust. And trust is a very valuable currency... For me, I am still loving the journey and taking part of a unique process. Even if timescales are delaying, my entertainment is more than secured :) And the benefit (some nice toys for costs I could not afford in regular markets) is obvious. Trusting is the price... That's the game.

Agree and you have probably saved money by putting upgrades on hold :)
At least I have.

I do understand peoples impatience/frustration. I feel it too. We are all eager to get our hands on Johns super DAC and Amps.

But what I don't understand is the anger we have witnessed lately.

Now I have no credibility? :cool:

Who do you think you are, the final arbiter of people's credibility?

I think you should get a grip.

Has John delivered within the stated timescale?

Yes or no?

Is it one year late? Is it 2 years late? Will it be over 3 years late?

Ask him to answer when the fdac will be deliveted. Will it be 4 years late? Will it ever arrive?

To defend the indefensible has no credibility.

BE718, you have made your point. Several times. Crowdfunding is what it is. No refund was ever offered or implied. That you can pass your position on to someone else is as good as it gets, and returns your money. Why not settle for this?

You're a bright bloke - everyone else can see that the extended development period has been because of beneficial scope creep. Along the way, the VFET and DETOX designs have also been created. And do remember that recent visitors to John's lab have come back impressed with what they have heard.

John is a perfectionist. When he designed the MDAC - the reason we are all here - he would have been working to a corporate budget and deadline. Now that he is his own boss, he's spent as much time as he felt necessary to achieve the design he would want to produce. Yes, it's taken time but he's put everything he's got into it and I don't expect the end result will do his credibility any harm at all.

So, as the end is in sight and sounding promising, I wonder why you are making so much noise. Please desist and be sensible otherwise you're risking getting banned from the forum (and that wouldn't meet any of your objectives).

I sincerely hope you reflect and have a happy christmas.

I will keep making my point until the situation is resolved to my satisfaction.

I dont want to settle fo waiting to transfer for very simple reasons. Primarily I would still be at the mercy of John to complete the project. We all know how well thats gone. It is again a total unknown if anyone new will buy into this. Who would considering how its gone so far.

People need to get over this "no refund" statement. It doesnt stand up. John has not delivered what was paid for , namely the development, in the timescales stated. Simple. Under any other circumstance he would be under the scrutiny of trading standards. Crowd funding makes no difference to the principle involved here.

The end isnt in sight. Its been sounding "promising" for over 4 years. How many times has he previously promised this. Munich is just another meaningless promise.

When is the fdac going to be delivered?

Perhaps John should be banned grom the forum for using it as a vehicle to promote his business which takes money from people without actually delivering what he promises?

Agree and you have probably saved money by putting upgrades on hold :)
At least I have.

I do understand peoples impatience/frustration. I feel it too. We are all eager to get our hands on Johns super DAC and Amps.

But what I don't understand is the anger we have witnessed lately.

I think I have a right to ne angry about someone taking my money and not delivering what was promised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back