advertisement

MDAC First Listen (part 00101000)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z3735 Intel Atom in an ASUS X205A Netbook, which worked fine with the mdac when on W8.1

Still betting that it's something stupid that I'm overlooking.

Which playback software are you using? Maybe you need to reselect the playback device after the upgrade (to be safe select another device, apply and select mdac again).

I've had the no sound thing where the meters bounce around but nothing else happens. Turning it off and on again usually fixes. I regressed to an earlier flash too and since then not experienced it since, and I think I noticed an SQ improvement. Was a while ago, so no bold claims.

I've had the no sound thing where the meters bounce around but nothing else happens. Turning it off and on again usually fixes. I regressed to an earlier flash too and since then not experienced it since, and I think I noticed an SQ improvement. Was a while ago, so no bold claims.

Same here, simple source up then down again fixes it, no need to power cycle.

Same here, simple source up then down again fixes it, no need to power cycle.

Thanks for the suggestions but unfortunately, neither on off nor up down solves the issue for me. Again, I'd really like to hear from other W10/32 bit users whether their mdacs are working.

John is probably too busy with all kind of meetings so I hope some one here can help.

I think I may have shorted out something in my MDAC. When I was reconnecting the power cable to my MDAC, I noticed the display was flickering on start-up logo, so I took out the power connector immediately and noticed one of the pin was bent and touching the side. I straightened it and reconnect the power cable but MDAC will not power on anymore.

Has anyone had this happened to them?

Oh, sounds like the AC adapter has failed due to the pin shorted to the grounded metal shield.

From my experience we have had veru few problems with the MiniDin... but for sure if we had more space it would have been better to have a more meaty connector....

Going very well, but I don't want to say much until I have "final results" :)

I will be traveling into China on Thursday to meet the CNC vendor - this is the biggest uncertainty at this time. Meetings in HK with miniDSP team are going very well :) its been full on non stop!

Unfortunately I don't have internet in the apartment, so I'm unable to post online & during the day I'm just totally swamped in meetings.

Thanks John for taking the time to reply considering how busy you are. I will try to find a local dealer who can let me test with a working AC adapter.

Cheers!

My understanding of the HQ PSU was that it would only go ahead if it was shown to provide improved SQ over the std PSU? Is that still the case or has one been built and shown to provide improved SQ?

Should the HQ PSU not provide significant improvement in SQ then would there be anything to be gained by using the FWC?

What would be the position for those who go the original DIY route and fit the MDAC2 PCB into their existing MDAC's, how would they be able to add the HQ PSU if it was proved to provide improved SQ? Would they then have to purchase a FWC as well?

Sprint,

Can I ask why you prefer the MDAC chassis - is it due to its size, or the extra cost of the Full width chassis?

Thanks John for taking the time to reply considering how busy you are. I will try to find a local dealer who can let me test with a working AC adapter.

Cheers!

If its your adapter that's been damaged, then I'll sort you out a replacement once I return from HK on around the 15th.

Apart from not having access to the Internet in the apartment in one of the worlds most connected cites - its been a very successfull trip.

The team at miniDSP are really wonderful and creative - I see a very successful future with a Fusion of our skill sets.

Tomorrow I cross the board into China to meet the CNC vendor - I worry about there set-up, I suspect they are just a trader rather then the direct factory contact. If this proves to be correct, then I have other options but I'd rather not need to divert my attention to much.

I'm not looking forward to the trip into China, I don't have anyone local to fall back on if something happens - I'm on my own on this one! Maybe I've just got used to the security and safety of may lab in Czech - China is a rather drastic contrast.

Will stay over night in China - hopefully back into HK on Friday :)

If the trip goes well, then I can post renderings of the Full width DAC (It looks likes it will be called the Fusion DAC, as its a Fusion of miniDSP and my DAC / Analogue design skills and IP ) :) also, the VFET amp :)

MDAC 2 might get some competition. I am thinking of buying MSB Analog Dac with Diamond Power Base.

Nice, but expensive!
I really like the idea of upgradeble interfaces, maybe something for the input/output external dock that John talked about earlier.

Tomorrow I cross the board into China to meet the CNC vendor - I worry about there set-up, I suspect they are just a trader rather then the direct factory contact. If this proves to be correct, then I have other options but I'd rather not need to divert my attention to much.

I'm not looking forward to the trip into China, I don't have anyone local to fall back on if something happens - I'm on my own on this one! Maybe I've just got used to the security and safety of may lab in Czech - China is a rather drastic contrast.

John,

Where exactly are you going? Perhaps some of the Asia based members can support you with contacts etc? I'd be glad to help if I can.

Cheers,
Bruce

Seems all good news Mr Westlake, except for the Case Vendor. Glad to hear you are ok, but do you mean China is dangerous, risky place to traverse! Maybe there are places in India that might cost a little bit more, but safer? We don't want anything happening to you now!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back