advertisement

MDAC First Listen (part 00101000)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly more people voting would help. But please only vote once ..

http://www.nonplacet.co.uk/NON/other/index.html

My understanding is that you'd have to be quite devious to vote more than once, since there should be IP checking in place. Of course if all your various devices have separate (external) IP addresses, I guess you could do multiple voting fairly easily. But in any event the idea was only to give a rough ballpark figure of those who really couldn't live with the full width version.

- Richard.

My understanding is that you'd have to be quite devious to vote more than once, since there should be IP checking in place. Of course if all your various devices have separate (external) IP addresses, I guess you could do multiple voting fairly easily. But in any event the idea was only to give a rough ballpark figure of those who really couldn't live with the full width version.

Isn't it correct that a poll here would only allow each user to vote once, and would log the IDs of those that voted?

I'd have thought that was the best way to handle a vote - John has all the user IDs of those that are in the project, so that could be used to weed out people who may find it 'amusing' to vote on something they're not participating in.

Maybe something for John to ask Tony about.

Yeah, I'd have made a poll here if I thought it was my place to do so. Hoping John or Tony do the necessary bits.

I hope John makes some bold decisions - people are absolutely going to be a mix of delighted and disappointed, but we're backing his vision so he needs to assert his choices accordingly.

Jeez,
with me as Project Manager as I proposed long time ago we would all be happy, promise.
The MDAC2 board would have been finished and in production. The VFET would have been 80% ready, and a cooperation agreement with miniDSP would have been signed with a first product launch of the remarkable Fusion DAC would have been set for September 1, 2016.

There ... now it feels much better .... ;-)

and if it doesn't for you, let me quote my favourite American philosopher "F**k em if they can't take a joke" (Bette Midler).

/Cheers and enjoy evening
Lars

Considering all that has been said by John and the pfm members here already, I would think the decision on which way the project would be going is kind of already made. The poll questions as it stand is kind of pointless.

John also said if anyone is really unhappy they should contact him (PM or other email) directly and he will deal with each case individually.

Lets move on people...

Jeez,
with me as Project Manager as I proposed long time ago we would all be happy, promise.
The MDAC2 board would have been finished and in production. The VFET would have been 80% ready, and a cooperation agreement with miniDSP would have been signed with a first product launch of the remarkable Fusion DAC would have been set for September 1, 2016.

There ... now it feels much better .... ;-)

and if it doesn't for you, let me quote my favourite American philosopher "F**k em if they can't take a joke" (Bette Midler).

/Cheers and enjoy evening
Lars
Since we are dspensing jokes:

Types of Project Managers; which one are you? -- http://www.humor.com
If you get in my way, I'll kill you! - ideal project manager
If you get in my way, you'll kill me! - somewhat less than ideal project manager
If I get in my way, I'll kill you! - somewhat misguided project manager
If I get in your way, I'll kill you! - A tough project manager (eats glass, live cats, etc.)
If get kill in will way I you. - dyslexic, functionally illiterate project manager
I am the way! Kill me if you can! - messianic project manager
Get away, I'll kill us all! - suicidal project manager
If you kill me, I'll get in your way. - thoughtful but ineffective project manager
If I kill you I'll get in your way. - project manager who has trouble dealing with the obvious
If a you getta ina my way, I gonna breaka you arm. - project manager from New York
I am quite confident that there is nothing in the way, so no one will get killed. - project manager who is about to get in big trouble
If you kill me, so what? If you get in my way, who cares? - weak, uninspired, lackluster project manager
If I kill me, you'll get your way. - pragmatic project manager
If we get in each other's way, who will get killed? - An utterly confused manager
Kill me, it's the only way. - every project manager to date.

And like you said: "F**k em if they can't take a joke"

Disagree, I'd like John to take his time and respond to my prev post for the interest of all. No rush though.

I can't see the point of pestering for a detailed schedule which we know that with all best intentions will probably not be kept. He has said that all final assembly and testing will be done personally. Will John be able to do more than one a day? I am at the bottom of the list so I fully expect to be waiting a long time. Maybe up to another year, but I'll wait, it will be worth it.

Since we are dspensing jokes:

Types of Project Managers; which one are you? -- http://www.humor.com
If you get in my way, I'll kill you! - ideal project manager
If you get in my way, you'll kill me! - somewhat less than ideal project manager
If I get in my way, I'll kill you! - somewhat misguided project manager
If I get in your way, I'll kill you! - A tough project manager (eats glass, live cats, etc.)
If get kill in will way I you. - dyslexic, functionally illiterate project manager
I am the way! Kill me if you can! - messianic project manager
Get away, I'll kill us all! - suicidal project manager
If you kill me, I'll get in your way. - thoughtful but ineffective project manager
If I kill you I'll get in your way. - project manager who has trouble dealing with the obvious
If a you getta ina my way, I gonna breaka you arm. - project manager from New York
I am quite confident that there is nothing in the way, so no one will get killed. - project manager who is about to get in big trouble
If you kill me, so what? If you get in my way, who cares? - weak, uninspired, lackluster project manager
If I kill me, you'll get your way. - pragmatic project manager
If we get in each other's way, who will get killed? - An utterly confused manager
Kill me, it's the only way. - every project manager to date.

And like you said: "F**k em if they can't take a joke"

+++1
Like your sense of humour ...

I can't see the point of pestering for a detailed schedule which we know that with all best intentions will probably not be kept. He has said that all final assembly and testing will be done personally. Will John be able to do more than one a day? I am at the bottom of the list so I fully expect to be waiting a long time. Maybe up to another year, but I'll wait, it will be worth it.
I really would like to see the answer to Lars request. I am apparently in a small minority which considers actually existing to be a particularly desirable quality in a dac.

I really would like to see the answer to Lars request. I am apparently in a small minority which considers actually existing to be a particularly desirable quality in a dac.

@All,

I've sent a private mail to John concerning this. I expect a thorough and detailed answer from him.

Let's give John some time to reflect upon this and come back to all of us.
I'm confident that we'll all be happy in the end.

/and Cheers again (not much wine left now here in sunny, at last, Stockholm)
Lars

I'm sure he'll be delighted. Ahhh PM's... They seem to imagine they can manage a new born baby in a month by tasking 9 women and scheduling them to hurry up.

Kidding :)

I'm sure he'll be delighted. Ahhh PM's... They seem to imagine they can manage a new born baby in a month by tasking 9 women and scheduling them to hurry up.

Kidding :)

This one is my favorite: Nothing is impossible for the person who doesn't have to do it. :D

I'm all for letting john get his feet back under the table and him giving it some more thought.

Its not right that the development be endless and an open book that is not what was initially on offer so I can see why people who came in on that basis are unhappy, especially if hwc is all they can accommodate. Better always exists, at some point you have to close the book otherwise we'll be sixty grand out of pocket for a project that never materializes.

All it needs is a bit of patience, and a dollop of clarity and realism from John.

Frankly though, if that's not forthcoming I'm two steps away from buying another Weiss 202 with USB and calling this a day.

Ill in for the full monty

This is John's project/baby and of course it should be as good as absolute possible.

And I see this as a typical crowd founding project, it take forever and it's a mowing target.... and that is how it should be.

I'm sure we can handle the economical part as well, if someone wants to leave.
And Im sure that John can handle it without we all have to discuss it here in the open.

If we all have to put in 60 quid to save those few who leave im sure we all live with it'

Best

Theis

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back