advertisement

MDAC First Listen (part 00100111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
60 x 5£ - only if that particular number of Vishays sound divine. I will let John be the judge of that.
Thanks for the info, John!

There are 60 positions on the PCB for the larger Vishay thru hole types - but I'm also considering using x32 Vishay SMD 1206 sized resistors, but I've no experience of the SMD types WRT if they sound as good as the larger Vishay thru hole parts.

The SMD variants might also be cheaper then the larger thru hole parts.

I'm not suggesting that we populate all x60 PCB positions with the larger thru hole parts, but I can see the SMD positions having the potential to offer good results.

Yep, GBP5 each sounds about the expected ball park....

8x5 = GBP40

24x5 = GBP120

Not bad really I guess...

£120 is cheaper than L3 Fusion was. L3 Toy was an extra £50 for just 4 resistors!

That settles it, MDAC2 L2 24 x Vishays for me. :)

I'll stretch to 60 if there is a sonic benefit reported.

Hi John,
I am not sure what is my status in your docs. I have paid the 4th installment, but I think I never told whether I was going for L2 or L3. Please can you check?

Dare I ask how many resistors there are in the VFET amps? :)

Are there likely to be semi-skimmed and full fat versions?

Dare I ask how many resistors there are in the VFET amps? :)

Are there likely to be semi-skimmed and full fat versions?

Far less then the MDAC2 design thankfully :)

I'll use Vishays in the VFET amps critical feedback network :)

Yes! She did. Thanks!
BTW, at some point it was discussed the option of having balanced outputs for headphones. Would that be available for L2s? Would it sacrifice other outputs?

Matt :)

The device you link to only supports USB1.1 High Speed (12Mbps) standard so would work well with MDAC1, but limit the MDAC2 to 96KHz Max sample rate.

They are a very good idea for MDAC1 :)

BTW, at some point it was discussed the option of having balanced outputs for headphones. Would that be available for L2s? Would it sacrifice other outputs?

Both L2 and L3 have a rear panel (5W miniXLR) Balanced headphone output as standard.

Hi John,
I'm not sure where I stand with payments, or even which version of the MDAC2 I am signed up for. Could you please send me an email to confirm my status?
Thanks very much!

Stefan,

Renata has sent you a couple of emails this week answering your questions and confirming your payment status - you have replied to these Emails so I'm not sure what more I can add, I've copied part of the Emails below :-

"Thanks Renata!

ADC version will be a version without own chassis I understand. Any timeline for the full chassis development?

Kind regards,
Stefan

2015-07-08 12:56 GMT+02:00 renata cizmarova

Dear Stefan,

Just to give you a quick update. You have now paid the development installment up to L2 stage, this is the projects current development status so no further payments are required at this moment.

If you decide to go for L3 there will be one last development installment once John reaches that stage, but for the time being you have no outstanding payments.

Below is an updated chart with the features of the MDAC2 L2 / L3 versions:-

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/86116171/MDAC2 Versions 28 June 2015.jpg"

In answer to your most recent email today concerning the full width chassis, I don't wish to make any promises as my priority this side of Christmas is to complete the MDAC2 and VFET Amplifiers - once these two projects are completed then I can turn my full attention to the full width chassis as a priority project :)

Without making promises I might not be able to keep - it would be great if we could also supply the full width chassis at the same time as we release the MDAC2 PCB's but much depends on my pending visit to HK at the end of the month as to if this will be possible - otherwise we can source you a salvaged "Donor" MDAC1 if you don't wish to wait for the full width chassis....

Stefan,

Renata has sent you a couple of emails this week answering your questions and confirming your payment status - you have replied to these Emails so I'm not sure what more I can add, I've copied part of the Emails below :-

"Thanks Renata!

ADC version will be a version without own chassis I understand. Any timeline for the full chassis development?

Kind regards,
Stefan

2015-07-08 12:56 GMT+02:00 renata cizmarova

Dear Stefan,

Just to give you a quick update. You have now paid the development installment up to L2 stage, this is the projects current development status so no further payments are required at this moment.

If you decide to go for L3 there will be one last development installment once John reaches that stage, but for the time being you have no outstanding payments.

Below is an updated chart with the features of the MDAC2 L2 / L3 versions:-

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/86116171/MDAC2 Versions 28 June 2015.jpg"

In answer to your most recent email today concerning the full width chassis, I don't wish to make any promises as my priority this side of Christmas is to complete the MDAC2 and VFET Amplifiers - once these two projects are completed then I can turn my full attention to the full width chassis as a priority project :)

Without making promises I might not be able to keep - it would be great if we could also supply the full width chassis at the same time as we release the MDAC2 PCB's but much depends on my pending visit to HK at the end of the month as to if this will be possible - otherwise we can source you a salvaged "Donor" MDAC1 if you don't wish to wait for the full width chassis....

So sorry John, but I haven't received any emails from Renata lately (her last email to me was June 13/2014). I've also never asked about a 'full width chassis'. Perhaps there is another Stefan? :confused:

Hi Stefan Wegner,

Oh our bad, it looks like Renata's made an error unless we just so happened to have two Stefans Emailing us this week - earlier this week I'd asked Renata to send you an update but I see its ts been sent to a "Stefan Kucher" instead.

I'm so sorry, I could not understand how we kept misunderstanding each other!

Sometimes its hard to live with a pretty Blond :) I'll ask Renata in the morning to reply to the correct Email address.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back