advertisement

MDAC First Listen (part 00100110)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tim,

Well, dont forget that the VFET amps are monoblocks, so only a single tube (Channel) per unit, but a Horizontal Bargraph just seems wrong, and how to match with planned MDAC2 / TDAC "Window area"...

I'm in contact with a vendor who has 20 Pcs. listed of a smaller unit - asking him if he can supply 40pcs we require...

John, apropos vfet size - and you are asking: width and depth is ok for me (if it's not much deeper than 400mm), but I loved the original height of 130mm very much. It is a much more elegant kind of brick (for me, my girls, my shelf). If the display is the only reason to build it higher I might be more satisfied with any kind of matched display, even horizontal. But I remember you mentioned more advantages of a higher height. If so we should go for it... I am argueing only aesthetically, I don't know nothing about the technical necessities.

But now, mdac2 diserves our attention! Thank you so much for keeping us entertained!

Captain Westlake you need to get an iPad !! :)

Pictures of the MDAC2 board please, many more of us salivating over that than the VFET, me included :-D

Paul

And that's the beauty of SMD machine building the PCB 30,000 components per hour on some of the multi head machines!!!

It will take me a month to build and test the first board!!! Our little MDAC2 project is really a labour of love!

Building will take time, but I need to test, characterise and optimise each circuit section as I buildup the complete PCB.

lol, if he did that the people at the end of the queue would get theirs in about 10 years time! They'll be built on an SMT line, super fast, super accurate, every one build the same and it'll take less than an hour to do the 150.

lol, if he did that the people at the end of the queue would get theirs in about 10 years time! They'll be built on an SMT line, super fast, super accurate, every one build the same and it'll take less than an hour to do the 150.

Yes - once I have the PCB built, I'll visit vendors here in Czech Rep. for quotes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back