advertisement

Materchef celebrities

so you’ve visited it? Points for wealth. Well done.

yes - and please do not make assumptions about me - (a) it is rude and (b) it is full of bitterness and (c) you know nothing about the context......

The answer to that would require a thread of its own I'm afraid. I would think that most of the old farts here, myself included, would disagree with your stance on that.

I guess it's a generational thing

you might be right - although i will be 57 in two weeks - does that make me an old fart......

Gin, you can be such a bellend. You pick my post apart, tell me I’m intolerant, but then get all offended when I point out your Willy waving. Sigh. I’m ignoring you again, just so as you know. Kissy kissy.

It’s all relative; when I was sixteen I thought eighteen was over the hill.

tis true - maybe my wife who is 48 next week helps keep my thinking in a certain way. Perhaps work does - i am surrounded by students and young people.....

tis true - maybe my wife who is 48 next week helps keep my thinking in a certain way. Perhaps work does - i am surrounded by students and young people.....

It certainly helps being amongst young people. You don’t necessarily like everything they like but it keeps you informed.

Cheers BB

you might be right - although i will be 57 in two weeks - does that make me an old fart......
Maybe.
Heinz-Baked-Beans-Logo-Tagline-Slogan-Owner-480x480.jpg

I have watched a lot of all the MC progs and in the last couple of years the novelty has worn off. Stopped watching the Celeb version first as I found it even more pointless, I think the lady from Hi De Hi done me in

Well, I did watch the last few and this bunch were very talented compared to others, a good final, fair result

I rather like the idea of Materchef.

Have you seen it in France? Or one called Le Meilleur Pâtissier? You know what they’re like about their food, the French. They take cheffing and eating really seriously. The chefs are treated like great warriors, heroes, artists. I love it actually - especially the pastry one.

Of course many of us 'older' folk will not recognise/know who some of the 'celebs' are. My kids know some of them.. but they are 21 yrs old.

Really its just the same as your Dad watching Top of the Pops with you back in the 70s and him wondering who/what The Rubettes are.
Were you all under one roof?

advertisement

Back