advertisement

Materchef celebrities

Rockmeister

pfm Member
I'm not going to elaborate, but a few dozen self serving vacuous and uninteresting people who cook worse than wot i does are as interesting as watching mould grow on the shower.

Pray that Monica and Marcus return with some real cooking soon. Does anybody enjoy this B*******cks??

I'm not going to elaborate, but a few dozen self serving vacuous and uninteresting people who cook worse than wot i does are as interesting as watching mould grow on the shower.

Pray that Monica and Marcus return with some real cooking soon. Does anybody enjoy this B*******cks??

yes we love it. In the past it has unearthed some real talent..

you are clearly intolerant, of course you'll lnow where the off switch is or the channel button.

Think the OP is referring specifically to the Celebz version. Of the three strands we don't watch this one but enjoy the Amateurs and Pros.

Of course many of us 'older' folk will not recognise/know who some of the 'celebs' are. My kids know some of them.. but they are 21 yrs old.

Really its just the same as your Dad watching Top of the Pops with you back in the 70s and him wondering who/what The Rubettes are.

Yes it’s just the celebrity one that I am turning off. Watch the real stuff avidly, hence mentioning Monica and Marcus. Seriously tho a cooking contestant who thinks she doesn’t recognise her ingredient, but thinks it maybe looks just like a little bird?
What the Poussin? Hahaha. Intolerant moi? No, but everyone should have some standards.

I used to love masterchef australia, but apparently there was an issue with one of the presenters and they all got binned, so I left it there. Has anyone watched the new presenters?

I have watched a lot of all the MC progs and in the last couple of years the novelty has worn off. Stopped watching the Celeb version first as I found it even more pointless, I think the lady from Hi De Hi done me in

It’s a house rule that we never watch, listen to, read or in anyway interact with anything that has “celebrity” in its title. A rule I can highly recommend to all. If you watch it, it just encourages them.

It must be said that Pointless Celebrities, the BBC show, does sum it up quite nicely.

My wife and I quite enjoy it, Faye can be very funny, Danny and Paul are a good crack too. Their cooking attracts praise from the judges and looks good. If it spurs some people on to cook themselves then that's another plus.

I usually only watch the Professional version, but I've dipped into this series a couple of times and they really do seem to be scraping the barrel for "celebrities". As said above, the surviving Chuckle Brother is the only one I've ever heard of, and he seems to be the only one with any personality, let alone celebrity.

The pro one is fine. Monica is great...And no one can question Marcus' credentials. The standard is high and i learn a ton every series.

I shrug over the lowering of standards. That's the world now; everybody gets a prize regardless so we all feel great. Except those who really did work to achieve something special and who now find themselves shoulder to shoulder with those who did very very little but there. That makes money and that's the summary. Do little, get a prize, get rich, job done.

It's a wonderful world.

1984 was never near the mark. Huxley's 'Brave new World' was prophetic.

advertisement

Back