advertisement

Matching Enclosure for Naim

ASenna04

pfm Member
Hi all,

Any ideas for a matching Naim half with enclosure / case to put in raspberry pi streamer bits?

Thanks,

You could use a second hand Naim (older) types, but they don't come cheaply.
On Aliba you can also buy half and full width cases in black. Small ones are +/- £60,- and the bigger ones about £100,-. So not cheap. Also don't forget the transportation costs, because of the weight its expensive.
A good alternative is buy aluminium profile. You can get 200 mm x 80 mm profile in any length you want. For a Naim case 300 mm length is best. I believe you can also get 200 mm x 100 mm. They can cut it to length for you. Costs for this is low. For the inside you make a sled (like Naim) from a piece of aluminium sheet that you bend on both sides creating a front and back. If you can't do this yourself, you have to ask the seller of aluminium can do this, some do, but it will cost. For the outside colour you have to spraypaint it. This is all DIY, so it's up to you.

The Naim extruded tubes were powder coded, and you can pay someone to do the same. Finding someone to cut and bend the sled is also fairly easy in any moderately sized city. Only the plastic on the front of the sled is a challenge, to match the Naim look.

Thanks Jurgen and Mark for your advise. I am hoping to find a suitable used unit that can be repurposed. But will consider your suggestions.

Thanks.

I have exactly what you want, some new half width/shoe boxes cast ali outer sliding center tray, made to look like Naim ones, black powder coat finish.
I will dig them out of the loft and post some photos. I was half way through machining some ali blocks into the curved facia to make them look like
Naim hicap boxes. An unfinished project for passive preamp and power supplies to match a naim system I no longer have.

OK. Please share the pics.

Thanks.
Sorry for taking all day shopping - Christmas and all that.
Outer case external sizes are 206mm wide x 301mm long x 75mm high. black powdercoat finish.
Sledge internal sizes ( max component sizes) 197mm wide x 288mm long x 64mm high. Black painted finish.
I have some bolt on rubber feet for the holes already in the base.
The Ali front panels are unfinished but would be a brushed/grained powdercoat finish.
I have four of these but will probably keep two as I have ideas about splitting a Naim Nap 250 into two parts
to make a desktop tower with a Dac V1.
Now that I have dug them out I will finish off the fascia panels and get them powder coated next month.
Hope this is of interest.

rMR8HQm.jpg

ANlIYIr.jpg

HhiPAAN.jpg

g4jOc3G.jpg

hUbje0f.jpg

Hi Rubycat,
I've tried sending you a pm. but for some reason it won't 'go'.
If there's one 'shoebox" spare I'd be very interestested - please feel free to PM me.
Thanks, Graham

rubycat,

Thanks for posting the pics. They look like what I need.

Please contact me as I can't seem to be able to send you PM. How can I reach you?

Thanks,
ASenna04

Hi Rubycat,
I've tried sending you a pm. but for some reason it won't 'go'.
If there's one 'shoebox" spare I'd be very interestested - please feel free to PM me.
Thanks, Graham
Hi Graham, I have sent you my details for payment please can you respond, thanks.

Graham,
Glad to know you were also able to buy a unit.

I got mine delivered yesterday. Great seller.

We should share pics of the completed units, although mine will be a while as I am going to work slowly on the project. But these have got me a good head start.

Thank you rubycat!

The box look fine!
Is it possible to have one? Have you make a little series?
Very, very nice and a good idea to match with the entire Naim classic combo

Hi all,

Any ideas for a matching Naim half with enclosure / case to put in raspberry pi streamer bits?

Thanks,

Here's one I made earlier. Mine is Chrome Bumper, I'm very happy with the result and it gets played every day. Plenty of room inside the case for a Pi, power supply and hard drive. I made a few changes to the internals since that post but it is essentially the same.

7965.jpg

advertisement

Back