advertisement

Maria Miller resigns

It is so important that Dave is continuing God's work because the established church is fully engaged elsewhere, running around in frocks and big hats arguing about what philosophical position they should take on teh gheys.

'Labour' and 'Conservative' is just a choice of packaging - beneath the skin both are the exact same ugly failed neoliberalism of a rather authoritarian nature.

True and they know it. And when you see the pathetic, pointless jostling between them, I can only conclude that it is all about gaining power, not making change.

True and they know it. And when you see the pathetic, pointless jostling between them, I can only conclude that it is all about gaining power, not making change.

Since time immemorial, politics has been purely about gaining power. Nothing else. Ever.

Politicians who go into politics purely to effect change disappear without trace, are marginalised, or are rapidly subsumed into the power elite.

Chris

Since time immemorial, politics has been purely about gaining power. Nothing else. Ever.

Politicians who go into politics purely to effect change disappear without trace, are marginalised, or are rapidly subsumed into the power elite.

Chris

Green Party for me next time,Chris. Will you be joining me?

Look, Mam, everybody's marching out of step except Mull!!:)

Chris

Chris, you re now projecting your certainties onto the rest of the World. Not a healthy mind set that.

Do you really suppose that everybody agrees with your 'shrink the state by any means, fair or foul' mantra, or that nobody but me thinks the present government is engaged in dodgy dealing?

Mull

Chris, you re now projecting your certainties onto the rest of the World. Not a healthy mind set that.

Do you really suppose that everybody agrees with your 'shrink the state by any means, fair or foul' mantra, or that nobody but me thinks the present government is engaged in dodgy dealing?

Mull

No, Hence the smiley, Mull.

I do, however think thast most people don't actually give too much of a toss, and that fewer than you think actually share either of our positions.

Chris

Green Party for me next time,Chris. Will you be joining me?

Nah. Essentially a left wing party with an emphasis on eco-mentalism.

The very fact that a place like Brighton votes for them big style should be enough to warn anybody off.

Chris

Chris

I concluded long ago that Politics is any process of human interaction which determines who gets what.

You are though, as ever, far too simplistic in your analysis. History is littered with examples of power gained in order to effect change.

Though not without its downside, Cromwell's 'chopping' of Charles 1 for example certainly made future monarchs a little more cautious and led eventually to a much more democratic society.

Many groups worked tirelessly to bring about social change and the improvement of the lot of ordinary people. Every social change in this country was resisted by people with your sort of mindset, yet progress was made.

The 1% have the upper hand at the moment, but it won't last forever.

Mull

I concluded long ago that Politics is any process of human interaction which determines who gets what.

You are though, as ever, far too simplistic in your analysis. History is littered with examples of power gained in order to effect change.

Though not without its downside, Cromwell's 'chopping' of Charles 1 certainly made future monarchs a little more cautious and led eventually to a much more democratic society.

Many groups worked tirelessly to bring about social change and the improvement of the lot of ordinary people. Every social change in this country was resisted by people with your sort of mindset, yet progress was made.

The 1% have the upper hand at the moment, but it won't last forever.

Mull

You are right. It will evolve into the 0.5%.

Chris

Once more with feeling...

Two wrongs do not make a right.

Mull

Quite:

So why do you repeatedly single out the Tories as being the villains here.?

You are now accepting that Labour are as bad then?

QED

(I would actually suggest they are probably far worse..simply because of the more nauseating hypocrisy espoused by Labour who pretend to morally superior)

Simon

They are complete shits. Can you think of one who's not on the make?

Dennis Skinner- A collection of quips to Blackrod from 1989-2013

[youtube]?v=aMSCITZB7ws[/youtube]

"Tell Her to read the Guardian" is one of his best quips imho.

Beast of Bolsover, beyond reproach imv.

advertisement

Back