advertisement

"Mana Acoustics" Return?

Joolzdee

pfm Member
Not a plug and nothing to do with me but it seems the Mana trademark has been acquired by a company called Soundsupports.
Don't know how to post a link to their website and not sure if it's allowed anyway but they are advertising custom builds as well as standard sized supports.
Looks like they also manufacture parts for Rega, Thorens, Garrard etc turntables.
Anyone heard of them?

So different welding and different glass, will they still have the Mana magic?

Quite how they achieve 'decoupling' with glass and metal point contact still amazes me, or the lack of use of the correct engineering terminology does.

So, just as ugly (that gothic font Mana used is one of the nastiest) - but at least it will be better made.

Quite how they achieve 'decoupling' with glass and metal point contact still amazes me, or the lack of use of the correct engineering terminology does.

The rack as pictured is just a metal rack. Zero magic, zero isolation/decoupling. The multi-stacked ‘phases’ system is rather different. If you look closely the top and bottom spikes are offset by a good inch or more allowing flex in both the metal frame and the laminated MDF boards. As such one could argue a tall multi-“phase” stack does decouple/isolate to some degree as its basically a fairly stiff low-frequency spring. If you knock a big multi-level stack it slowly sways side to side.

At least another generation of audiophile will get to experience the agony of spike impalement and accidentally kneeling on a mana nut.

Those make stepping on a Lego seem like child’s play.

Joe

I still use Mana racks in one of my system, but was never bought into anything other than it being just a decent rack. They are a bugger to dust though.

That reminds me I have a couple of Soundstages and boards in store. Will people go for the original because the welding is more magic driven ??

A simple Mana rack on its own looks good. :)

To be honest, I don’t buy the “isolation” aspects, it tightly couples to the floor, so I also decouple each individual component. Much better than adding on a few “phases”.

I´ve never seen a rack that wasn´t fugly, full of gear or empty, just a means to an end - mine is all inside a false/backless cupboard so all you see are the speakers and I lacquered them the same colour as the walls in an attempt to "lessen" the blow.

Yes , hi fi racks are a waste of time and money , they are all ugly too.
I wish I could hide all my kit away but the risk of fire is too great.

I’ve been very pleased with my bits of Mana gear, 5 tier tall amp rack, 2 soundstages, mini table and wall stand. The amp rack is in the corner of my basement on a concrete floor. My turntable sits on top of a mini table at chest height, ideal for changing records. There’s space below for the record brush. My three amps and lingo sit on the shelves below.

I modified the baseboard on my LP12 with brass cones and replaced the mana glass with a Symposium Segue absorption platform. This setup does a better job draining and absorbing vibrations from the turntable and rack.

LiMAuCz.jpg

advertisement

Back