advertisement

"Mana Acoustics" Return?

The wall shelf is good - I have my LP12 on one of those, plus I have an amp rack and a sound table, which houses the CD player. They've been in place for more than a decade now and while they're not the best looking they do a decent job.

Why does the platter sit so high whilst the armboard sits so low?

Platter is normal height, about 4mm, the armboard is about 1.5mm lower because it’s a Greenstreet pre-Cirkus subchassis used with a Cirkus bearing. I kind of like how it worked out because I never foul the armboard when manually cueing the tone arm. Sounds just fine.

I get isolation for turntables and maybe CD players, but could someone remind me why solid state devices with no moving parts need to be isolated again?

Those who lived with transformer hum from Naim olives might query their amps "having no moving parts".

If you haven't had the joy of listening to the power supply included with the Audible Illusions Modulus 3A preamp, let me tell you, it'll make Olive gear sound dead-silent in comparison.

I always thought that the Audiotec table was much better under the LP12, I had one myself, wish I'd kept it.
Did not like the mana effect, tuned feedback.

advertisement

Back