advertisement

Mains Plug Fuses for Naim 300/300PS

Hi

I would like to know what amp fuse I should use for Naim 300DR & 300PS, I don't have original leads currently. I am also a bit weary of buying cheap chinese fuses, I would be grateful of advice please

Thanks,
Paul
Analogueseduction.net They sell "Audio" fuses and may be able to answer your question

You need to fit a fuse from my "Isawyoucoming" audio fuse selection. Guaranteed audio grade, insurance company compliant and compliant with BS 1362. Selected by a genuine audiophile. Delivered to your door for only £10 each, audiophile special 10 pack for £80.
I also offer "Audiogold" level audiophile fuses, these are in the "Oneborneveryminute" range, at £15 they offer an affordable upgrade alternative to the above, and are delivered at £15 each, or only £120 for the 10 pack.

£8000 for a fuse
Let that just sink in a little
it doesn't sink in; it bounces off as beyond-venal BS, and pure outrage against several forms of simple human decency.

If only it was satire against the greedy, corrupt & iniquitous end of the 'hifi' marketing. Yet, very sadly - the indicated price alone no longer qualifies it as such. Just how ****ed-up is that state of affairs?!

You obviously failed to scroll down to the "You might also be interested in" section where one will invariably find the following...

Quantum Science Audio Gold Extreme Level
UK Mains Fuse (13A)

£8,000.00
£6,666.67 excl. VAT
Item Code: QSA Gold UK

Perhaps this should simply be referred to as the "£8K a pop model"?

I love the way the English language develops organically, don't you? For example by absorbing words from other languages, like US English, which in turn absorbs words from Yiddish and lord knows where else. One demonstrable benefit of this living language thing is the word "chutzpah". I'm not sure whether Monty Python would have classed it as a woody word or a tinny word* but it's a fine word and I can't think of a better one.

These people exhibit extreme chutzpah.

*historical cultural reference. I think it's probably tinny.

it doesn't sink in; it bounces off as beyond-venal BS, and pure outrage against several forms of simple human decency.

If only it was satire against the greedy, corrupt & iniquitous end of the 'hifi' marketing. Yet, very sadly - the indicated price alone no longer qualifies it as such. Just how ****ed-up is that state of affairs?!

I think the kindest way of viewing this is as some sort of distorted Robin Hood wealth redistribution thing: taking from the rich to give to the, well, increasingly comfortable.

I love the way the English language develops organically, don't you? For example by absorbing words from other languages, like US English
I was going describe that as iron-ic (definitely 'tinny'), but might have to go with epicaricacy.

That's the English word for schadenfreude (yes - it is).
And obviously - all Greek to me (badum, tish)

advertisement

Back