advertisement

Madonna embarrassing herself .... again

I did state "music" fan so need to amend, don't class jazz as a genre , it's just noise to me.

You know... I really haven't heard any Rock which appeals to, or 'speaks' to me for decades..

But I don't deny that 'Rock' is music.

Try translating your attitude to race, or colour.....

Think it through.

Mull

... don't class jazz as a genre , it's just noise to me.

lrt1367 - I think maybe if you think all jazz is just noise, you simply haven't heard the right stuff. Take Albert Ayler of instance - you could not fail to be moved by the delicacy and emotional vibes of the man and his spiritual journey, which gives the listener an insight into his whole being and leaves you so moved that you will never be able to listen to music again in the same way.
[YOUTUBE]mL5UfsrCTB4&list=PL2E1728694167676C[/YOUTUBE]

:D:D:D

There's keep uppy, and then there's chinlone …

Last edited by a moderator:
lrt1367 - I think maybe if you think all jazz is just noise, you simply haven't heard the right stuff. Take Albert Ayler of instance - you could not fail to be moved by the delicacy and emotional vibes of the man and his spiritual journey, which gives the listener an insight into his whole being and leaves you so moved that you will never be able to listen to music again in the same way.

:D:D:D

Very eloquent, I feel the same about John Coltrane. Must give Ayler another spin.

I do quite like some jazz but I did laugh out loud when Clive James described seeing a band where "one band member operated a long range radar system to warn of approaching melodies"

That is still fannying about with a football sans emotion, passion and purpose .

Wrong, because it's all messing about with a bag of air!
But in terms of jazz equivalence association football is Dixieland revival, but chinlone is a freeform odyssey.

advertisement

Back