Is this lockdown madness, this thread?

• Yes

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Yes

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters

JTC

PFM Villager...
Maybe I'm being an idiot, but I can't stop thinking about the prospect of a McIntosh integrated amp as an alternative to the planned path of STA25. They're pricy, for sure, but I've kinda fallen for them. I just need to somehow rule them out, as it isn't something I really intended to consider. Am I a shallow person to want to like something based on its looks? ;)

I know this is unlikely, but has anyone done a comparison between either the hybrid or s/s Mac integrateds against something classic and British, such as the STA series? What would the pros and cons be?

Probably a hypothetical question as I suspect I'd baulk at the price, but it's Sunday and tea's not ready yet...

Guess it’s navel gazing. Bored.

In which case you need one of these to match your Mac:

Starbeauty-Angel-Wing-Navel-Piercing-Nombril-Blue-Crystal-Eye-Belly-Button-Rings-Body-Jewelry-Pircing-Belly_1024x1024.jpg

Reactions: JTC
The MA9000 is rather good IMHO. Demoed one 2 years ago at KJ Westone. Build quality is spectacular and the looks are timeless.

But, with your Tannoys the MA2275 would be a better match, maybe.

I am planning to try a Mac7200 at home. This would replace a 82, napsc, hc, 250, a Qutest and a MD Étude tuner. If that works ok, might as well replace my Dynaudios with Magnepans.

I have a MCIN MA7200 at home. Best amp I've owned it is. And whilst heavy it has the classic look and feel of a McIntosh With tons of user-friendly features that make other hifi look remarkably clunky by comparison. My suggestion would be to grab the manual from the web and take it from there. The TTs are not things of beauty, Which is a good reason to go for something else for those in that market.

I actually like the look of their Solid State stuff! They had those finely made front panels when the likes of Exposure et al were using biscuit tin construction.
Sound to pound I don't regard them as particularly good value though.

I guess UK sales are quite low. It's not a brand tailored to the peculiarities of the UK audio market. There are much more expensive things in the audio world, even if few are manufactured in upstate NY.

There is no connection between an alien anal dildo and a McIntosh amp - note the lack of an a in the name

The "styling" (I use the term loosely) matches McIntosh well but the tell tale lack of several very bright blue and red LED's gives it away as not genuine Mac...

The "styling" (I use the term loosely) matches McIntosh well but the tell tale lack of several very bright blue and red LED's gives it away as not genuine Mac...
Of course the 'styling' does not match McIntosh at all. Not even the ugly turntables. The integrated amps have a modernist aesthetic and it is entirely possible to turn
the meters off (But why would you)

advertisement

Back