advertisement

m2 tech 'young' dac

Hi.. am buying brand new apple mac mini.

Used ones (circa 2009) go for £275-£300 on Ebay. A new one with warranty and higher spec is £440.

Crazy, but these are obviously in demand products.

I'm a bit late to this, but can't you just connect up the M2T via optical?
Then you can use any OS.

Hi Robert.. could be embarassing for me if that is the easy solution.

I don't think the DAC does higher than red book through optical though?.. I could be wrong here.

Not too worried.. a nice mac mini will be an attractive and neat solution.

Don't have one myself but I am thinking of maybe getting one. Be careful of those cheap ones as they are older models with not much memory/small hard drive older OSX etc, be sure to check the spec.
Something like this maybe?
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-5...0001&campid=5338728743&icep_item=290628124893
Just needs a big hard drive installing which are cheap enough
You don't really need masses of memory for streaming, so that's not a problem. If you're handy with a putty knife it's not complex to put in a new drive, although you'd need to re-install the OS which isn't too hard.

Personally, I bought a small USB 750gb HDD, and all my music is on that. It's backed up to another drive, of course.

The mini is particularly quiet, but if you hang too much off it, the fan runs fairly often. Even then it is quiet, not louder than many CD drives.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.

advertisement

Back