advertisement

LP12 subchassis - The 'RubiKon'

Status
Not open for further replies.
500 replies...........

Shall I send you all a pro-forma invoice

Thanks for ALL your comments, much appreciated. I never expected this much interest.

It wont be long to wait until you can actually buy one.

Andrew.

Surely a serrated washer such as the type Linn use would increase the forces applied to the armboard where the serrations make contact.
I think the serrated washer compresses under modest tension and hence prevents the screw coming undone. With a tougher armboard you can do the screw up tight enough for this not to be necessary.

Perhaps.

Paul

Hi Paul.

Are you still enjoying what your 'RubiKon' does. Sorry I missed you at Scalford Hall.

Andrew.

Can you tell me what the weight of the Ekos SE is ... and the weight of the previous Ekos? :)

Thanks,

Andy

Refer to YNWOAN's post. That is much as I know I'm afraid. The Ekos SE being predominately made from titanium will be heavier then the Ekos Mk2 which I think is heavy enough given the spring compression. The Mk1 Ekos will be slightly lighter due to it's shaped arm collar.

I would be very interested to see a Rubikon machined from a non resonant solid like bakelite, a dense hard wood or high carbon iron; best of all Macor! Are there and plans to prototype any other materials? I have a sneaking suspicion that the ultra expensive platter material of the P9 is Macor which would make it very cheap but incredibly appropriate.

The materials you list all have very different properties.

Be assured, the material choice has been made very carefully.

If the Rubicon was made from Macor (should it even prove to be appropriate) one could expect the price to rise considerably.

Yes, very much. I've spent much of this afternoon washing records in the sink...

Paul
I guess I'm not the only one. ;)

pict2897.jpg

By null

Still a bit crunchy, but they don't foul the stylus after less than a track.

We're not talking OCD vinylphile here...

Perhaps I'll stick something appropriate on the needle drop thread.

Paul

Hi Andy,

I hope you don't mind my asking, but I have been trying to source some end - grain balsa (with no success for small sheets).

Did you make up your own or do you know of a supplier willing to provide to the DIY market?

regards, Guy.

Hi-tech boat builders use end-grain balsa sheeets ... so I suggest you trawl through the Yellow Pages list of boat builders. :)

Regards,

Andy

If you can record the results from both decks (both have ESC'd Troika's?) that'd be quite instructive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back