advertisement

LP Cleaning..the cheapest way, and it works

"Buy a bottle of anti-static blind cleaner spray from any supermarket"

Had a quick look in Asda & couldn't see any product fitting this description.
just googled..betterware, yes those catalogues...2.99 a bottle..looks very similar to the aldi one..what i would say is these products are made using purified water...so if you rinsed the records with distilled water, then that should satisfy many qualms!....the sponges are duzzit sponge erasers x4 for 1.25...try poundstretcher..b&m..wilkinsons? etc..hope this helps.

re the question about dishwasher additives - arent they based on abrasives to polish the dishes and responsible for the smearing on glasses etc

I dont own a dishwasher so Im guessing here - very interesting thread - I have done the tap thing on a charity shop disc or two but normally I hope to get a rcms to do even better - when an opportunity comes around such as Capt z has offered me

Brill

Its a stretch for me to agree the water way is as good as keith Monks etc

Dishwasher additives are generally silicate based to raise the pH and hence cut through grease. These can leave smears on glasses and may be responsible for wear on glassware. It may alternatively be mechanical action in the machine that causes the wear. Rinse aids are surfactants (detergents if you like), designed to lower surface tension and make water run off rather than stick and bead.

I have a couple of friends in the detergent industry, you'd be surprised at how crude it all is and how few actual ingredients there are. If you don't think correctly chosen household chemicals can do the same as bespoke RCM chemicals, then you are naive. The difficulty is selecting the CORRECT houshold chemicals. None of us want to have to dig Persil off a record. The rest of it though is common chemistry, it does a job the same way that different brands of soap powder do. The chemistry involved is so advanced that my pal does it in his garage and then brings it into the kitchen to try it out on the washer/dishy/floor before marketing it.

advertisement

Back