advertisement

Loupes for stylus inspection etc

Definitely worth three quid, but my recommendation remains for the Belomo loupe.

As you say, ridiculous bargain. Again, I'm impressed by that pic. for clarity, even if it's not up to your previous in magnification. It's still better than I can get, and you say that the 10X Belomo is better; easier to use, clearer or better magnification, Tony?

and you say that the 10X Belomo is better; easier to use, clearer or better magnification, Tony?

All these things. When actually using these there is a very clear difference in the optical quality between the real quality stuff (Olympus, Belomo) and the cheap plastic lens Chinese stuff (of which I have hand-held examples from way back too). I can’t imagine anyone could be less than absolutely delighted with the 10x Belomo, it is a really nicely made, easy to use and high quality optical device for very little money.

a4ntba4p-jpg.588790

Turntables don't all have one built in now?

Ahhh, I did wonder how people were setting tracking angle or whatever you call it. Seems a bit OTT for dragging a stone through some plastic.

advertisement

Back