advertisement

looking for a friendly linn dealer...

I want to change my mono active cards from lk100 amplifers to klout
any dealers/experts out there can help?

i currently have kabers and 3 x LK100 amps with mono cards and
having acquired some klouts i would like to find a helpful individual ( whether they run a hifi shop or not !! ) to swap these across...

I know my way around electronics a wee bit, but i think prior knowledge - expertise and training might come in handy - so looking for someone out there with skillZZZ to help me make my upgrade.

and location, i am based in north west england, but can travel within the uk

andy

Last edited:
Linn dealers are getting pretty scarce here in the USA. I was trying to help a friend in Washington DC, and to my shock, there is only one Linn dealer between Atlanta and New York City - and he is relocating to Florida in 2 months.

The aktiv cards are plug and play,no soldering required.
I'm not sure wether the aktiv cards are the same for lk100/klout,but a look on the linn forum over on hifiwigwam should give you the required info

The aktiv cards are plug and play,no soldering required.
I'm not sure wether the aktiv cards are the same for lk100/klout,but a look on the linn forum over on hifiwigwam should give you the required info
they plug in to the LK100 easily enough, but the klouts are a bit more tricky from what i understand

PM me over your email address and I can forward you a pdf copy of the original linn installation manual for aktiv cards which covers Keltik, Kaber, and Keilidh cards into either LK100 or Klout amps. It may not be until Saturday or Sunday though as I have a busy weekend ahead, mot on the moto guzzi and all that jazz ;)

Remember there is a link to cut, if using actively. Top of one board, and under the rubber foot on the other.
Also remember to resolder the links in the lk100’s after removing the cards so you can use them as passive power amps again, or sell them on.

Chris Brooks Audio, Stockton Heath might be worth a call. No connection but they might be handy for you.

I want to change my mono active cards from lk100 amplifers to klout
any dealers/experts out there can help?

i currently have kabers and 3 x LK100 amps with mono cards and
having acquired some klouts i would like to find a helpful individual ( whether they run a hifi shop or not !! ) to swap these across...

I know my way around electronics a wee bit, but i think prior knowledge - expertise and training might come in handy - so looking for someone out there with skillZZZ to help me make my upgrade.

and location, i am based in north west england, but can travel within the uk

andy
Andy, have just pinged over the pdf, good luck!

Peter Tyson would be your local linn dealer,might be worth a call,im sure they could help you

I would find it hard to recommend most of the Linn dealers I've had experience of, but Peter Tyson would be an exception. I've had a couple of dealings with them (non-Linn related) and have found the service to be excellent.

I don't think Acoustica are Linn dealers are they? I've dealt with them and like the people who run the place - but I thought the only Linn dealer in Chester was the other one mentioned in the thread. I only find them moderately helpful..... not sure what they would charge you for swapping them over

I think Acoustica must at least be a former Linn dealer so chances are they could help. They are a business though so you can't really expect their time for free. There must be a local DIYer who could do it for you for a pint or two.

Adventures will do it and do it well. I doubt it’ll be free but it’ll be done right. Phil is very conscientious and precise in everything he does.

advertisement

Back