advertisement

Long tracks jumping on Qobuz with LMS

... I have implemented the persistent fix and have not had any hiccups so far. If there are, I'll throw in the caching fix as well, because that also makes a lot of sense as an explanation, if persistence is not enough. Will report back if so. ...
:). Here are some thoughts on LMS caching mode for Qobuz, which I am currently trying out (even though I have had no track skips in persistent mode).

µSD card cache size: To cache an hour of uncompressed CD-quality stream, I think you need to allow 0.65 Gbyte. For the highest Qobuz resolution it looks like 4.2 GByte per hour. A track gets cached so choose how much caching you think is needed for a long track (a symphony movement for example). I currently use a complete 32 Gbyte card for LMS so there's plenty of space.

µSD card life: A Sandisk high-endurance 32 Gbyte card is specified for writing at least 2,500 total hours of HD video. It will cache a CD-quality audio stream for at least 5.3 years if I have the sums right. More than 5.3 years elapsed if you don't stream 24H/day; less if you cache high-resolution audio. I suspect a standard 32 Gbyte card from a good brand may well be good enough but bigger is better for lifetime. A Samsung 32 Gbyte pro endurance card should last seven times longer. Choose for your case. I was using 32 Gbyte Sandisk high-endurance cards anyway for LMS so I feel perfectly comfortable with caching mode.

I've had this problem too. Playing straight from the Qobuz app. It's an absolute pain especially when a track has a climatic ending... This problem just ruins the experience. When I mentioned this to the Qobuz rep a few years ago at a Hifi show, they said it was just me and my set up and others had not reported it. Sanity restored...thanks OP.

advertisement

Back