advertisement

Linn Ninka

Linnfomaniac will tell you. I'm considering them as an upgrade to my Keilidhs on his advice.

I've got a pair with polymer bases and using 2x2250s in active form to power them.

Had them for well over ten years now and plan to have them for the foreseeable future.

My brother's had a pair for over ten years and they sound pretty good to me. He's a sound engineer so I expect he's quite fussy about such things.

Linnfomaniac will tell you. I'm considering them as an upgrade to my Keilidhs on his advice.

I had Keilidhs in my system for 21 years and they delivered so well as the rest of the system was upgrade. The Ninkas are a more sophisticated listen, but just as much fun.

They are fantastic, Sunbeamgls has it spot on. They are a big step up from the keilidhs, they retain all of the boogie factor but with a lot more refinement on top.

Linn's later speakers lost the boogie factor so all though they are more accurate, I'm not going to be replacing my Ninkas, or Keltiks with them.

My brother's had a pair for over ten years and they sound pretty good to me. He's a sound engineer so I expect he's quite fussy about such things.

I'm a sound engineer too (live sound), Ninkas and Keltiks make music sound real to me.

I run Ninkas. Very happy. Do get the polymer bases. Seemed to sound better with a more powerful amplifier. Excellent bass; I would say though that they lack the last degree of refinement so if you like a squeaky clean sound they might not be for you; but otherwise they do everything right.

Tim

Thank you all very much for posting; they seem to get a big thumbs up!

I want to try a pair!

The bases make a big difference, and they look great.

I liked the sound at the high end of my listening levels, but felt they didn't play quiet. An amp with a 'Loudness button' would have been useful :D

From memory, I had mono 110's at the time.

The bases make a big difference, and they look great.

I liked the sound at the high end of my listening levels, but felt they didn't play quiet. An amp with a 'Loudness button' would have been useful :D

From memory, I had mono 110's at the time.

Active operation fixes that, which makes sense as passive crossovers by their very nature are parasitic. Active ninkas play well at all volumes as well as going much deeper and gaining a lot of refinement.

They seem to go for around £250 passive at the moment. Let's shut this down now before we force the price up.

Good advice, I owned a pair & replaced them with the Espeks. Big mistake! Best pound for pound speaker I ever owned.

They seem to go for around £250 passive at the moment. Let's shut this down now before we force the price up.

I've not seen them that cheap, but you should pick a tidy pair up for £350. They are an insane bargain at that price.

Active operation fixes that, which makes sense as passive crossovers by their very nature are parasitic. Active ninkas play well at all volumes as well as going much deeper and gaining a lot of refinement.

I preferred passive sbl's, albeit the Audio 42 variety to active :d

Does active Ninka's make them 3 way? It would account for better bass?

I preferred passive sbl's, albeit the Audio 42 variety to active :d

Does active Ninka's make them 3 way? It would account for better bass?

Nope, they are still two way... I can only suspect that the limitations of the passive crossovers are the reason they go lower when active.

advertisement

Back