advertisement

Lib Dems - Tories in Disguise

Corbyn has nothing to lose and a lot to gain at the next election by being pragmatic about any interim arrangement that gets past this nonsense. To that end, I think the other Sean is right.
I'm saying it would suit Johnson and scupper both Labour and the referendum, so not pragmatic IMO. Labour may take a different view in the end but I'd be surprised, and alarmed.

You might get away with that argument in one or two cases: maybe something obviously bad has to go through on the first vote so that it can be amended and defeated on the second, that kind of thing. But come off it. That's just a list of flagship Tory policies. Why would she, a Tory, find it difficult to vote for them? And what's the worse-option in the case of, say, austerity, or the hostile environment?

You might get away with that diagnosis as someone who has never had to balance the demands of constituents, party and government, but that's entirely understandable because you've never had to do so.

I'm willing to bet that every one of those voting decisions, in context, with evidence and (especially) as compared to a worse-option, is completely understandable.

It may not be palatable to this forum's Putin puppet, whose anti-liberalism has been allowed to thrive on this forum for at least three years, but then he's never actually faced a difficult decision in his life.
Her voting record is a matter of, er, record. How does the politics of the poster change that?

She has voted for reducing welfare benefits and against raising disability benefits to name just two decisions which you may choose to understand, but kinda speak for themselves

Her voting record is a matter of, er, record. How does the politics of the poster change that?

She has voted for reducing welfare benefits and against raising disability benefits to name just two decisions which you may choose to understand, but kinda speak for themselves

There might at the time have been a case for running welfare benefits differently, just as there may have been a case for not raising disability benefits, given that both are drawn against a finite pot.

Similarly, there is a reasonable case to make that the tuition fees debacle was, behind the scenes, an attempt to not tax the poor against the middle.

You might get away with that diagnosis as someone who has never had to balance the demands of constituents, party and government, but that's entirely understandable because you've never had to do so.
Yet many MP’s still managed to vote against austerity and hostile environments.

Shame you can’t argue with making it personal. Typical right winger

Consequences aren't "right wing". It may be my imagination, but I think I just posted somewhere else about why capitalism might be broken. Manage your virtue.

Consequences aren't "right wing". It may be my imagination, but I think I just posted somewhere else about why capitalism might be broken. Manage your virtue.
Again, shame that you can’t argue with making personal jibes. As I haven’t signalled any virtues recently, I don’t need to manage them. Perhaps it’s because your arguments are so weak that you feel the need to deflect from them with the personalised insults

You dignify austerity and the hostile environment by discussing them in terms of balance. The Conservative Party weighed their own narrow interests against the rights of black constituents and didn't have to think twice. Ditto austerity, ditto no deal Brexit. Brexit might have occasioned a crisis of conscience in Heidi Allen but the consistency of her voting pattern on all the other stuff suggests she wasn't exactly agonising over her decisions. A Tory, voting happily for Tory policies, now more comfortable in a less overtly psychopathic outfit. That's great, happy for everyone involved, but cut out this burden of governance stuff please.

You dignify austerity and the hostile environment by discussing them in terms of balance. The Conservative Party weighed their own narrow interests against the rights of black constituents and didn't have to think twice. Ditto austerity, ditto no deal Brexit. Brexit might have occasioned a crisis of conscience in Heidi Allen but the consistency of her voting pattern on all the other stuff suggests she wasn't exactly agonising over her decisions. A Tory, voting happily for Tory policies, now more comfortable in a less overtly psychopathic outfit. That's great, happy for everyone involved, but cut out this burden of governance stuff please.

I'm assuming that, along with your not-entirely-effective irony transplant, you're familiar with the tired and entirely boring Heidegger/SPD point in the late thirties.

Google it. And then, please, disown your pathetic acolytes here.

advertisement

Back