advertisement

Let’s hear it for Rega gear

One word, Bluetooth
The BT feature is nice convenient to have for practical reasons.

I'am not holding breath but it would be nice if Rega would come up with a cracker streamer which perform head and shoulders better than competition.
I don't know Mr Gandy in person but very well aware they likely not release a streamer.
I will survive my dreaming. :D

A dealer last yeartold me that he thought it was extremely unlikely that Rega would release a streamer. They said Rega didn't have the capability in house for the software development.

Cheers BB

They're going to announce something at the Bristol show. I'm sure it'll give the Rega-haters something to froth about. I'm hoping for, but not expecting, an improved Planar 6.

I had a full Naim setup up until recently - as I liked performance very well, I realised they might not be able to support the CD player.

Thats a real pity as it was not cheap, in fact electronics in this price category should be supported for a reasonable future period.
Its simply a matter of investing extra stock of parts, before items are being discontinued please.

Kudos to Rega for doing this what Naim/Focal don't.
Needless to say my CD source is now a Rega.
I totally agree, manufacturers should stand by their products and maintain service as much as possible.
My Naim Nac122x / Flatcap2x / Nap 150x / CD5x is perhaps the most far I will go on the Naim brand… there are the Nap 250DR, Nac 252, the Supernait 2 and all power supplies, but that is still an expensive road to travel.
Comparatively, Rega gear are an amazing value proposition, and perform very well. I would love to get my hands on a Isis CD player :)

The higher end naim CD players like CDX & CDS range have been out of production for a while. The massive drop in transport availability could not really have been foreseen.

IMV there are far better digital options out there now, you really don’t need a physical product anymore.

As you are so vocal in your criticisms of Rega, perhaps they took notice of your not owning any Linn digital products and decided it wasn't worth pursuing their own 'digital solution'.
I’ve never been critical of Rega, I just don’t see the worship as justified. My first system was mostly Rega.

The rest of your post makes no sense.

The higher end naim CD players like CDX & CDS range have been out of production for a while. The massive drop in transport availability could not really have been foreseen.
Stop being silly. We all know that Naim should have bought enough mechs to last a thousand years for each player... after all that's what every other manufacturer must have done as Naim are the only ones singled out for this repetitive whinging :D

Stop being silly. We all know that Naim should have bought enough mechs to last a thousand years for each player... after all that's what every other manufacturer must have done as Naim are the only ones singled out for this repetitive whinging :D
I blame Sony;)

I totally agree, manufacturers should stand by their products
I don't expect a possible support for say a $250 consumer item.
But for $5-10K+ players I do.

Since the early 90'ies Naim knew they had to establish large stock of spares for their range of CDS/CDX/CD5 players.

Reason they didn't succeed with enough parts to future support expensive CD players, might be the fact that new owner - Focal - were busy firing stab and create cost down inside Salisbury factory.
In such action there's no room for investing extra stock.

I would love to get my hands on a Isis CD player :)
A friend just had his 10 year old Isis in for service, all new mech installed for free. Its unparalleled support - bravo !

They're going to announce something at the Bristol show. I'm sure it'll give the Rega-haters something to froth about. I'm hoping for, but not expecting, an improved Planar 6.
Here’s what it says on Rega’s website:

Experience an award-winning Rega system voiced by the ground breaking Rega AYA loudspeakers. We will be demonstrating the Elex Mk4 amplifier and Planar 6 turntable to complete the system. Rega will have other key products on display such as the phenomenal Naia turntable, and you can expect some world exclusive previews at the show.

(my bold, emphasis on the plural)

My guess … new Brio + Apollo and/or the long anticipated reference pre and power amps.

I'd like to see them showing the new induced magnet cartridge on the Planar 6.

Elysian?

E·ly·sian​
/əˈliZH(ē)ən,eˈliZH(ē)ən/​

adjective
  1. relating to or characteristic of heaven or paradise.​
    "Elysian visions"​
Exacta?

Ex·act·a​
/iɡˈzaktə/​

noun
plural noun: exactas
  1. a bet in which the first two places in a race must be predicted in the correct order.​

advertisement

Back