advertisement

Laws of nature

I don't like linen shirts - I find they don't wick away sweat very well, and get clammy when it's hot and humid. I incline to the clammy end of the spectrum at the best of times, so they don't work for me. I'm a little better with linen trousers, but prefer a cotton/linen or silk/linen mix.

Have you tried bamboo?

I don't like linen shirts - I find they don't wick away sweat very well, and get clammy when it's hot and humid. I incline to the clammy end of the spectrum at the best of times, so they don't work for me. I'm a little better with linen trousers, but prefer a cotton/linen or silk/linen mix.

Have you tried bamboo?

I have purchased some bamboo under-layers for my youngest son who goes proper wild camping.

(no tent, middle of winter type thing) and he liked bamboo. Also The Wife has an Aunty who went to the Antarctic a few years ago, and she recommended the bamboo thermal underwear)

I have no need for bamboo clothes as cotton is excellent for me.

(I have tried silk underwear and silk sheets - not for me, although didn’t itch.)

I have purchased some bamboo under-layers for my youngest son who goes proper wild camping.

(no tent, middle of winter type thing) and he liked bamboo. Also The Wife has an Aunty who went to the Antarctic a few years ago, and she recommended the bamboo thermal underwear)

I have no need for bamboo clothes as cotton is excellent for me.

(I have tried silk underwear and silk sheets - not for me, although didn’t itch.)

we bought some bamboo base layers, did last long. Interestingly we bought some bamboo t-shirts in Cambodia, and they have been our longest lasting- still wear as new some 7 years later

With regard to socks: years ago I got into the habit of using a stapler. Every evening, after removing my socks I staple the two together. I change my socks every day.

This results in an easy time of it after the machine wash. I just pull the staple out, roll the socks into a ball and Bobs your uncle. No sorting needed.

After a while- usually years- the staple holes become too numerous or large for convenience. I need a new pair. It is worth all the hassle saved in having to sort socks after each load.

Is this an original solution, or have all of you thought of it before?

advertisement

Back