advertisement

Laws of nature

Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Accuphase all the way down
I have a new one, derived from years of careful experimental observational experience:

'In every load of washing that contains a duvet cover, by the end of the final spin cycle all the other items in the load will be contained within the duvet cover.'

As it relates to washing, I'm considering calling it Suds Law.

I’ll confirm S-P-T’s observations. I thought it was Mrs S having a laugh at my expense. She doesn’t let me near the washing machine but happy to let me put the duvet cover on the duvet (after recovering socks, bedsheets etc…).

I have a new one, derived from years of careful experimental observational experience:

'In every load of washing that contains a duvet cover, by the end of the final spin cycle all the other items in the load will be contained within the duvet cover.'

As it relates to washing, I'm considering calling it Suds Law.

This applies for fitted sheets as well.

If it really is a law of nature, then you should leave the socks alone. It’s their natural habitat. Who knows, maybe the duvet cover is their traditional breeding ground.

Must ask David Attenborough for advice on this one…

Sock's Law

The washing machine will consume a single sock from each load.

We have a collection of single socks which we keep in the forlorn hope that their partner will eventually show up.

Recently, I found evidence to verify this law. Our machine failed to drain, so I opened the filter to find a blackened 20p coin, a hairgrip and a partially digested black sock.

Just get socks that are all one colour. Mine are all black, so if one of a pair goes missing I don’t even notice. But I’ve been sockless since the warmer weather started.

advertisement

Back