advertisement

Large Tannoy Speakers in a relatively small space

Have toed them in slightly, not as much as the pictures above (first image). Seems to work. They are Tannoy Monitor Gold 12R Lancasters.

Any tips/suggestions?

Peter

Hi @John thanks for that. You wouldn't happen to have a picture of your set up? No worries if you don't.
tWuruCt.jpeg

Following this with interest , the ardens are pretty big .i am amazed if folks can get them to work in a small room .i am listening now to never look away by max richter on 10inch drivers in eaton legacy and they sound pretty big with superb big bass filling the room and more than adequate !!! My room is 17 x13 ft

I wouldnt get the cheviots because i worry about the bass being overpowering . if i put a track like limit to your love on the tannoy eaton legacy it could potentially shake the chair and floor , and thats with a fair bit of isolation .

Vintage Tannoys seem very easy to place, they were designed to go against a wall and I’ve heard very big Tannoys sounding great in very small rooms (e.g. Andy831’s GRF Memories). The room I have my Lockwoods in is anything but huge, a different size but not to dissimilar volume to the OP spec (I think in metres, but I think mine is smaller than 20’ but bigger than 12’). I’m pretty certain if Devores work Tannoys would too. They are both proper big speakers.

its a good point but the arden legacy is not a vintage speaker

advertisement

Back