1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Labour to abolish independent schools?

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Steven Toy, Oct 31, 2019.

?

Should we abolish independent schools in the UK?

1. Yes

20 vote(s)
    24.7%
  2. No

57 vote(s)
    70.4%
  3. Undecided

4 vote(s)
    4.9%
  1. Ponty

Ponty pfm Member

Those parents were the spogs. Pop down there and take a look, it’s not difficult to see the issues, which have absolutely nothing to do with immigrants, just to be crystal clear.

2. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

That’s all nothing but uninformed bile and prejudice of the sort that comes from a small mind. This fart won’t be responding unless you can say something interesting and non abusive.

3. zarniwoop

zarniwoop hoopy frood

This is brilliant. Thanks for sharing.

4. Jim Audiomisc

Jim Audiomisc pfm Member

The key term in that is "seem". As often, the problem is with the perception given (or often created) via the media. e.g. cherry picking specific staments by one person or another, often out of context. In any genuinely democratic party you'll find members arguing over differences, and some with have more 'extreme' views than others. That doesn't make *all* the views party policy, or even then something the leadership would enact given the chance.

5. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Agreed. I’ve said all along this will not make the Labour manifesto as reported as it is quite clearly bonkers and a vote-loser, as the poll here indicates. I very much doubt there will be anything in there at all on private schools.

6. Jim Audiomisc

Jim Audiomisc pfm Member

I suspect you're correct. I was tempted up-thread to suggest people wait for the manifesto before trying to criticise actual *policy* proposals. Just as in the past I've kept suggesting people actually listen to the full speeches of Corbyn, etc, and avoid what the media claim was 'said'. I'd suspect you could cite cases where LD policies are distorted, ignored, etc, so will have some idea what the LP may face in this regard.

Al that said, I have no idea what the manifesto will contain. So maybe they will go round shooting all the first born of the wealthy...

7. thebiglebowski

thebiglebowski pfm Member

I included myself in the 'fart' comment but if you think that an audio forum is going to change the world crack on and enjoy playing a victim of highly offensive abuse in the word 'fart' :rolleyes:

8. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

If that’s the case then I apologise

thebiglebowski likes this.
  9. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

I’ve no problem with the written word, I just don’t want be in the room where it happens.

10. thebiglebowski

thebiglebowski pfm Member

even if it's glitter?