advertisement

Labour at it again... anti-Semitism... #II

The programme has yet to be broadcast, so we don't know what's in it.
But none the less it's shoot the messenger time :-D
Or it could just have some truth in it.....

....like the BBC having to apologise for his Islamophobia!

John Ware won the Broadcast Journalist of the year award in 2001, and has also won RTS Journalism Awards.

Or it could just have some truth in it.....

istm unfortunate that you shot your bolt prematurely.

....like the BBC having to apologise for his Islamophobia!

Humans, and the orgs they run, make mistakes.
Except when it comes to the PLP?

I read The Daily Mail every day, thinking, today's the day it will offer some insightful, non-partisan, non-hated-filled reporting. I'm always disappointed but it's so important not to pre-judge the output of award-winning journalists. I also advise my students, when assessing a source, to disregard everything else that the author, journal or think tank might have published, in case it prejudice their view. So while I'm aware of John Ware's history of producing Islamophobic, paranoid, red-baiting trash I'm assuming his contribution to this difficult situation will be made in good faith and will not in any way make it more difficult to fight antisemitism within and beyond the Labour Party. Just like Still's contributions to this forum!

I read The Daily Mail every day, thinking, today's the day it will offer some insightful, non-partisan, non-hated-filled reporting. I'm always disappointed but it's so important not to pre-judge the output of award-winning journalists. I also advise my students, when assessing a source, to disregard everything else that the author, journal or think tank might have published, in case it prejudice their view. So while I'm aware of John Ware's history of producing Islamophobic, paranoid, red-baiting trash I'm assuming his contribution to this difficult situation will be made in good faith and will not in any way make it more difficult to fight antisemitism within and beyond the Labour Party. Just like Still's contributions to this forum!

Way to show you have yet to comprehend the basics of UK news media. Or pfm.

I would urge people to look at the background of John Ware before watching his Panorama piece tonight

One thing you will not see on Panorama is anything about Israeli pollution in Gaza making the place uninhabitable, neither will you hear any critics from the 80% of Tories who are friends of Israel, or any of the newspapers running the labour anti semitism spiel. The Israel lobby is remarkably effective, could you imagine the coverage if Arabs treated Israelis like this?.

https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/israel-environmental-crisis-making-190702152022497.html

One thing you will not see on Panorama is anything about Israeli pollution in Gaza making the place uninhabitable, neither will you hear any critics from the 80% of Tories who are friends of Israel, or any of the newspapers running the labour anti semitism spiel. The Israel lobby is remarkably effective, could you imagine the coverage if Arabs treated Israelis like this?.

Because in context of PLPs anti-Semitism problems that would be whataboutism akimbo.

Because in context of PLPs anti-Semitism problems that would be whataboutism akimbo.

No, Israeli officials have been caught on record saying they would “take down” a politician who was critical of their policy on the Palestinians. It’s called “what it’s really about”

I suspect the Blairites are all currently, deleting any correspondence they might have with Ghislaine Maxwell. Hodge and Mandelson in particular, must be bricking it that Maxwell doesn't roll over completely. And yes, join the dots, as that is one of the chief reasons this whole BS cant about Labour and AS has been dug up.

Let's see if the documentary tells the truth namely that, Blairites shredded 1000s of papers relating to AS investigations before Jenny took over after sharing them with the Press. They have already been caught out posting totally fake news about the Carter Ruck letter which was issued in April. There has been rampant AS within the Labour party this last year, almost wholly from right wing Jewish members and their acolytes towards those left wing members of the Jewish community.

No, Israeli officials have been caught on record saying they would “take down” a politician who was critical of their policy on the Palestinians. It’s called “what it’s really about”
Interestingly they were caught red handed targeting Sir Alan Duncan, the pompous, not very bright junior minister at the FCO whos now taking every opportunity to make a fool out of Johnson when anyone sticks a microphone in front of him.

Also lets not forget Hope Not Hate has been "outed" as a shill organisation run by a CIA asset, as outed by WIkileaks namely, Ruth Smeeth. Can you imagine had Smeeth been outed as "Protect at all costs" and was working for Russia?

Politicians trying to take down political opponents is as old as the hills.
This and PLP having an anti-semitism problem aren't mutually exclusive.

Would a Panorama programme about the horror show that is Gaza also need to cover PLP's anti-Semitism problems?

All countries try to influence other countries that are significant to them in some way. But I'm pretty sure you could take all such attempts by Israeli actors out of the equation and LAbour's antisemitism problem would still be being used against them by the right. Blaming everything on Israel downplays 1) the UK's own very significant and ultimately nefarious interests in the Middle East; 2) the Labour right's commitment to these interests, and to ridding themselves of the left; and 3) Labour's antisemitism problem, which ISTM does actually consist largely in blaming Israel for 1) and 2). Criticising Israel isn't antisemitic. Insisting that they manipulate governments worldwide...it's getting there, IMO.

As Firemoon says, Labour's outgoing, highly politicised, right wing disciplinary team took certain documents with them when they left - anything which made the new leadership look bad - while destroying many more: documents that might mitigate the force of those incriminatory items by providing explanatory context, evidence of their own actions, or continuity between past and present ways of doing things. I'm sure that tonight's Panorama will explain all this in an even-handed way.

Edit: I'm not sure what Still means by PLP: most people are trying to make out that antisemitism begins and end with the fascist thugs that make up the membership, while the PLP bravely resists the onslaught.

I suspect the Blairites are all currently, deleting any correspondence they might have with Ghislaine Maxwell. Hodge and Mandelson in particular, must be bricking it that Maxwell doesn't roll over completely. And yes, join the dots, as that is one of the chief reasons this whole BS cant about Labour and AS has been dug up.

Let's see if the documentary tells the truth namely that, Blairites shredded 1000s of papers relating to AS investigations before Jenny took over after sharing them with the Press. They have already been caught out posting totally fake news about the Carter Ruck letter which was issued in April. There has been rampant AS within the Labour party this last year, almost wholly from right wing Jewish members and their acolytes towards those left wing members of the Jewish community.

Spot-on

advertisement

Back