advertisement

Labour at it again... anti-Semitism... #II

John Ware won the Broadcast Journalist of the year award in 2001, and has also won RTS Journalism Awards.

istm unfortunate that you shot your bolt prematurely.

Humans, and the orgs they run, make mistakes.
Except when it comes to the PLP?
So rampant Islamophobia is just ‘one of those things’, everyone ‘makes mistakes’. The BBC having to apologise for his false accusations is what? fake news?

An Islamophobia journalist, acknowledged as such by his own organisation, is a trusted source? I despair.

So rampant Islamophobia is just ‘one of those things’, everyone ‘makes mistakes’.

Not sure what you specifically have in mind, so do you have a credible source to cite?

The BBC having to apologise for his false accusations is what? fake news?

You are conflating fake news with mistakes.

An Islamophobia journalist, acknowledged as such by his own organisation, is a trusted source?

Not familiar with the concept of an "Islamophobia journalist", or the acknowledgement.
Do you have something to cite please?

I despair.

You and me both.

I'm not sure what Still means by PLP: most people are trying to make out that antisemitism begins and end with the fascist thugs that make up the membership, while the PLP bravely resists the onslaught.

istm you have misunderstood my post. But so much so I'm not sure what your point is.

I don't have much of a political bone in my body, and I'm probably being over simplistic, but there does seem to me that some people here, because of their understandable condemnation of what the Israeli government is up to in Israel, seem defensive of anti semitism within the PLP.

Condemning the Israeli government is one thing, hating Jews is another thing.

To me, if these viewpoints overlap in some sort of Venn diagram, then that is anti semitism, no ifs or buts.

Not sure what you specifically have in mind, so do you have a credible source to cite?

You are conflating fake news with mistakes.

Not familiar with the concept of an "Islamophobia journalist", or the acknowledgement.
Do you have something to cite please?

You and me both.

istm you have misunderstood my post. But so much so I'm not sure what your point is.
]
48249399322_f72aa0da82_b.jpg

Politicians trying to take down political opponents is as old as the

Would a Panorama programme about the horror show that is Gaza also need to cover PLP's anti-Semitism problems?

This was an Israeli embassy official as Dec pointed out earlier.

Eh?, I was pointing out continuous allegations of anti Semitism are a successful method of shutting down criticism of Israel, the BBC were repeatedly accused of an anti israel bias in the past and that worked, despite it not being true, not denying anti semitism exists and should be stopped when it takes place but I also think that using allegations of anti semitism to silence critics of Israel should be called out when it occurs and I think a lot of the labour allegations are about suppressing critics of Israel.

Your point in that post seemed clear, I'm not disagreeing with it. But OK. Just confused by your use, in many posts, of "PLP". It means "Labour MPs" but you mostly seem to be vilifying the membership.

A big mistake was made. No denying Auntie has made more than her fair share.
Nothing remotely 'fake news' though.

Giving t'graphic benefit of the doubt, as it doesn't state a source so apparently very low cred'.

This was an Israeli embassy official as Dec pointed out earlier.

I know.

Eh?, I was pointing out continuous allegations of anti Semitism are a successful method of shutting down criticism of Israel ...

Fair enough, and I agree. But Labour's AS problems are literally Labour's problem.

The BBC were repeatedly accused of an anti israel bias in the past and that worked, despite it not being true, not denying anti semitism exists and should be stopped when it takes place but I also think that using allegations of anti semitism to silence critics of Israel should be called out when it occurs and I think a lot of the labour allegations are about suppressing critics of Israel.

I agree. But the quickest way to end it all is sorting out the AS problem. How many years have they been at it?

Your point in that post seemed clear, I'm not disagreeing with it. But OK. Just confused by your use, in many posts, of "PLP". It means "Labour MPs" but you mostly seem to be vilifying the membership.

Sorry. That's not what I meant & due to my ignorance.

I have in mind the few officials, members/activists, etc, that have issues around AS.
No doubt it is a small minority, but they are the real problem.

I’ll wait and see, but it does appear that this is going to be yet another poor standard and biased offering by the BBC. So quite normal, really.

Poor standard and biased is sadly to be expected from BBC political reporting these days, though whether it is inaccurate is another matter! I would assume they have got their ducks in order when it comes to making potentially slanderous/libellous accusations.

The real story is that Labour is so fractured and dysfunctional programs such as this are possible at all. There seems to be an endless supply of MPs, Lords and other officials from well within the infrastructure prepared to come forward and keep the anti-Semitism story running. That alone makes the party unfit for purpose as a credible parliamentary opposition.

It is a sorry state that at a time the nation is heading for an entirely self-created economic and social disaster both our main political parties are such useless broken shit.

Poor standard and biased is sadly to be expected from BBC political reporting these days, though whether it is inaccurate is another matter! I would assume they have got their ducks in order when it comes to making potentially slanderous/libellous accusations.

The real story is that Labour is so fractured and dysfunctional programs such as this are possible at all. There seems to be an endless supply of MPs, Lords and other officials from well within the infrastructure prepared to come forward and keep the anti-Semitism story running. That alone makes the party unfit for purpose as a credible parliamentary opposition.

It is a sorry state that at a time the nation is heading for an entirely self-created economic and social disaster both our main political parties are such useless broken shit.
The accusation, which Jon Lansman appears to support, is that a group of outgoing officials from Iain McNicol’s office, shredded a load of files on antisemitism preventing them being followed up, then leaked ones that might embarrass Corbyn. The people appearing tonight were part of this group.

Jon Lansman is hardly an example of an antisemitic or an apologist for antisemitism

48250808871_a2ac037b07_b.jpg

So this Lansman chap conveniently declined to offer his reading of events preferring to use Twitter to a handful of Corbyn faithfulls? And we wonder why the party is in such a mess?!

You say this a lot. What do you want them to do? Detail?

So this Lansman chap conveniently declined to offer his reading of events preferring to use Twitter to a handful of Corbyn faithfulls? And we wonder why the party is in such a mess?!
You’re very quick to dismiss concerns any interview would be misrepresented. Given it is the BBC and someone apparently with form, that seems a legitimate concern.

Why did it take a FOIR for the BBC to pony up and admit that, Margaret Hodge's daughter is a News editor for the BBC TV? If that's not a blatant conflict of interest when Hodge is consistently given a platform and allowed to spout lies without challenge via taxpayer's money I don't know what is.

Sorry, not sure what you’re saying here.

I suspect the Blairites are all currently, deleting any correspondence they might have with Ghislaine Maxwell. Hodge and Mandelson in particular, must be bricking it that Maxwell doesn't roll over completely. And yes, join the dots, as that is one of the chief reasons this whole BS cant about Labour and AS has been dug up.

Let's see if the documentary tells the truth namely that, Blairites shredded 1000s of papers relating to AS investigations before Jenny took over after sharing them with the Press. They have already been caught out posting totally fake news about the Carter Ruck letter which was issued in April. There has been rampant AS within the Labour party this last year, almost wholly from right wing Jewish members and their acolytes towards those left wing members of the Jewish community.

Well, thank you for letting us know that there's no truth to the anti-Semitism claims. It's just a conspiracy perpetrated by a bunch of Jews.

You've certainly convinced me.

Poor standard and biased is sadly to be expected from BBC political reporting these days, though whether it is inaccurate is another matter!
I would assume they have got their ducks in order when it comes to making potentially slanderous/libellous accusations.

This is what I understand and am expecting.
As a former insider I've been watching the BBC being (sometimes stealthily) emasculated and privatised since the early 00s.

Quite.

If that's not a blatant conflict of interest when Hodge is consistently given a platform and allowed to spout lies without challenge via taxpayer's money I don't know what is.

istm you don't know what a conflict of interest is.

Well, thank you for letting us know that there's no truth to the anti-Semitism claims. It's just a conspiracy perpetrated by a bunch of Jews.

You've certainly convinced me.

If it wasn't for those Pesky Jews they would've gotten away with it.

advertisement

Back