advertisement

Kit that, irrationally, you’ve always just wanted…

JBL s2600 or may be their big brothers the s3100
Stacked Quads with Gradient subwoofers
RFC Malmesbury
Manley Amplifiers
Krell KSA amplifiers
SME Model 30/12
Marantz CD12

Last edited:
One of those 60's "Space Age" ball stereos with proper design, but with decent sound. Otherwise, a system built into the walls of my Victorian house with hidden speakers in every room. I really don't need to look at my hifi when listening to music.

B&W DM70s
2013-01-08-304.jpg

If you can power them direct from a nuclear power station they are plenty dynamic
They're still not really dynamic, even with 600w of Gryphon up them. Loud, yeh, but not that razor sharp leading edge that horns can deliver, ( but also not that multiple distinct drivers at the far end of a room pretending to be a PA like horns often do).

The GAS amps from the 70's/80's. Just big and black and impressive. And the TOTL Yamaha receiver from the same era. Silver and wood. And Sansui AU317 etc. Pref with the handles. This one I still have, but without the handles.

Proac EBS. Heard them just the once and have never forgot the impact they made on me.
Same here, must have been the very late 70’s early 80’s being powered by a massive (for the time) Tresham amp from memory! I suspect the later Studio series may be more domestically acceptable but come on, an ATC bass driver with a straw filled port. Yummie!

Same here, must have been the very late 70’s early 80’s being powered by a massive (for the time) Tresham amp from memory! I suspect the later Studio series may be more domestically acceptable but come on, an ATC bass driver with a straw filled port. Yummie!
Ended up buying a pair of IMF Pro Monitors instead! Didn't have enough cash for the EBS's.

A Torqueo turntable, just for the looks.

A Dynavector 507 arm, just because.

Some Gale 401a speakers on their chrome stands.

I am lucky to have owned a lot of the bucket-list stuff that I had.
Now, it's as much design as sonics that float my boat. I do fancy a little of the FM Acoustics range though, just to see how good it really is.

ML2 amplifiers
Urei 815C
Gale 401A
Urei 6500 amplifier
Yamaha 101M (5002M)
JBL 4350
EMT 927

And the requisite space to deploy all to the greatest advantage.

advertisement

Back