advertisement

Kit that, irrationally, you’ve always just wanted…

Sugden Masterclass IA4-4 integrated

IMF vintage transmission line TLS80 speakers

First item being too expensive and second one too large for my listening room but heard them separately and was very impressed.

OTHO, I know they wouldn’t be keepers for me so can live without.

I’m in on all on this. Particularly glowing amps and transmission line speakers. Don’t care why just want them.

A Nak cassette deck: a thing I have utterly-no-use-for.

When - in fact - I actually bought a really good one c. 13 years ago, and sold-on shortly after fondling it a bit - because I had no use for it then; let -alone now. I remain entirely-unsure why that exercise did not teach me an abiding lesson. Yet - Nakamichi...

oh - and I've a some niche-vacancies in the ' European DPA/Deltec Mountain' (as my brother calls it) to fill: mostly a few of which I actively don't want, but might belong ?!
Nurse !

Last edited:
Magnepan 30.7.

Tannoy Arden

Morch DP8 9" + 12"

Thorens TD124 + 224.

TRON amplification
TRON MC phono stage - the best GT makes

Croft Riaa RS++ (the ultimate Croft MM Riaa)

EAR "The Preamp"

Tom Evans "The Vibe" Pre

Thöress MM / MC Riaa

Ortofon SPU - the best sounding one (to me)

Shindo Monbrison

NAT Symmetrical Pre
NAT Mono Power amp

Transfiguration Cartridge - the best (to me)

Tangential tonearm

B&O Beogram 4000

A Nak cassette deck: a thing I have utterly-no-use-for.

When - in fact - I actually bought a really good one c. 13 years ago, and sold-on shortly after fondling it a bit - because I had no use for it then; let -alone now.

I remain entirely-unsure why that exercise didn't teach me an abiding lesson. But - Nakamichi...

oh - and I've a some niche-vacancies in the ' European DPA/Deltec Mountain' (as my brother calls it) to fill: mostly a few of which I actively don't want, but might belong ?!
Nurse !

literally just cleaned up and put a BX-125 Nakamichi into the garage.

Needs a belt kit and a tune up..

A 4 box Cambridge Audio CD1. Spotted one for sale in Cash Converters Portsmouth about 20 years ago but didn't have the ££s at the time as I was unemployed.

A pair of Bayze Audio Courante: Large, mad as a box of frogs to look at, but sound absolutely awesome.
Saw them at the Daventry show a couple of years ago and was absolutely smitten by them.

Origin Live Invincible Tonearm, £47k!!! Have loved the performance of the 3 OL arms I've owned, currently a 12" Enterprise mk4.

I had the same irrational desire Joe - but for an SX-1250 . I did find a 1050 which scratched the itch but not at chaity shop prices

I would need a couple more rooms to try my list of irrational wants. I’d like B&W Nautilus speakers (the big snails) and the minimum six amps to make them work. Linn Komri - no idea why. The largest Focal Grande Utopia speakers

A couple of tuners - Day Sequerra, Sansui TU-X1.

You might say they aren’t irrational as they would be potentially game changers. But with the speakers I just couldn’t fit them anywhere. And I have a very nice tuner so I really wouldn’t need any extra ounce out of the super tuners

Actually just looking at another thread I’ve always hankered after hearing Totem Man-2 standmounts too.

And top of the range Boenicke speakers

And back to @Joe P , a top of the range early 80s Pioneer rack system would be fab! Just to look at…..

advertisement

Back