advertisement

King Charles III

According to ‘Grieve Watch’, which is a thing, they’ve now cancelled ‘Guinea Pig Awareness Week’ (Twitter). If that doesn’t shout ‘authoritarian police state’ I have no idea what does.
I was just hearing from the 'Guinea Pig Lady' from the Ukraine, on the radio. The cultural excellence of the Ukraine shines forth yet again!

At work, we have been notified that in this time of national mourning we are requested not to contact clients until after the funeral as a mark of respect.

utterly ridiculous, IMO.

In all seriousness, it’s actually becoming quite sinister, quite rapidly. We have the insidious, creeping state authoritarianism and censorship emanating from quarters who profess to loathe the nanny state and whose objective is to shrink the state, and we are witnessing what is effectively becoming a lockdown- we can’t attend football matches, hospital appointments etc- being imposed by those who profess to hate lockdowns. Protestors censured for blank messages and truly North Korean levels of state propaganda from the national broadcaster. Strange times indeed!

Take a chill pill - the plans for the Queens death have been in place for years irrespective of the colour of government and they are enacted by the civil service and other institutions of the State such as the armed forces so not much meddling by politicians.

Last edited:
The rumours about his temper... We see it again today.

In days of old, the pen servant would have had his head chopped off by now.

This is actually extraordinary. How many days has this apeth been in the role? His predecessor managed 70 years without being recorded on video behaving like a churlish, entitled infant. This does not bode well and, despite the Firm being given a boost by Brenda's death, one does wonder how it will fare over the next decade or two with His Majesty.

Top tip: I always carry my own fountain pen. Admittedly the ink is turquoise, which might not work for state documents and the like, but I could replace it with black at a pinch in the event I am made king.

Cretinous man-child.

Take a chill pill - the plans for the Queens death have been in place for years irrespective of the colour of government and they are enacted by the civil service and other institutions of the State such as the armed forces so not much meddling by politicians.
I think this is part of the problem. We're living through a ten-day period which was planned, in essence, decades ago and merely tweaked in the unhappy event.

What would have worked in the 1970s is creaking a bit in practice.

I think this is part of the problem. We're living through a ten-day period which was planned, in essence, decades ago and merely tweaked in the unhappy event.

What would have worked in the 1970s is creaking a bit in practice.
But centrist dad has fond memories of the 70’s.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk
King Charles’s staff given redundancy notice during church service for Queen
Exclusive: Employees said to be livid and shaken as up to 100 Clarence House employees told they could lose jobs.
Ooooops.
How deliciously ****ish.

Even I thought you would wait till the Queen's corpse was cold before you showed your true self, Charles. More of this please your royal nastiness.

And the total silence from your cap-doffers on this is also well-noted.

I have some empathy with the king here, its happened to me countless times over the years and is incredibly annoying, ha.

In all seriousness, it’s actually becoming quite sinister, quite rapidly. We have the insidious, creeping state authoritarianism and censorship emanating from quarters who profess to loathe the nanny state and whose objective is to shrink the state, and we are witnessing what is effectively becoming a lockdown- we can’t attend football matches, hospital appointments etc- being imposed by those who profess to hate lockdowns. Protestors censured for blank messages and truly North Korean levels of state propaganda from the national broadcaster. Strange times indeed!

Queen's death kills the economy.

“As the UK mourns the death of the Queen, the additional bank holiday that has been granted for her funeral could see growth shift lower than we had initially expected, increasing the risk that the UK slips into technical recession this quarter.

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...t-looms-as-uk-grinds-to-a-halt-to-mourn-queen

But at least it keeps Truss off the front pages. She did get a honeymoon after-all.

Why TAF couldn't they have put this bloody funeral on a Sunday?

Queen's death kills the economy.

It is inevitable. The economy was already screwed going into this. This ridiculous 24/7 cloying state-enforced ‘mourning’ forcing businesses to close/not function is evident everywhere and will likely tip some over the edge. The whole thing is really starting to piss me off. I had some respect for Brenda as a person but this North Korea-grade authoritarian shit-show is just embarrassing and also deeply offensive at a time literally millions are unable to pay basic bills.

The plebs are not allowed circuses, football, hospital appointments, Guinea pig appreciation or to chain their bikes to racks during the period of enforced mourning, but the toffs don’t hold back with the redundancy notices. How disrespectful.

Surely the massive increase in commemorative china plates and Paddington Bear teddies will keep the economy out of recession?

advertisement

Back