advertisement

Killing field day this Saturday

I have just returned home by driving in a car, people die in car crashes but I see no reason to ban them. Horse racing is safer now than ever before and gives millions an awful lot of pressure.

It is never going to be banned in a million years.
I imagine it would be pointless to ban a dead person

Suspected doping, tests required

I have just returned home by driving in a car, people die in car crashes but I see no reason to ban them. Horse racing is safer now than ever before and gives millions an awful lot of pressure.

It is never going to be banned in a million years.
Mick, please don't be so crass. You made the choice to get in the car, a horse does not make the choice to be forced to jump and possibly die. Fine if you can present a logical argument for the 'sport', but if that's the best you can come up with I'd suggest you just not post!

Tiggers, don't waste your time moaning at me. Go to Aintree next year and try to persuade the attendees not to go into the racecourse and see how far you will get. It's their choice whether they go in or not, not yours.

If you don't approve of racing, try to persuade your MP to vote against it in the usual democratic way.

Tiggers, don't waste your time moaning at me. Go to Aintree next year and try to persuade the attendees not to go into the racecourse and see how far you will get. It's their choice whether they go in or not, not yours.

If you don't approve of racing, try to persuade your MP to vote against it in the usual democratic way.

I'm not moaning at you and nowhere did I say it was my choice as to whether people wish to go and watch animal cruelty, I simply said your correlation of you getting into a car and a horse jumping over fences was massively flawed.

Pleased to find out no horses died in the main race yesterday.
Looks like the protests have done the job in making things safer for the entrants with
less runners and no insanely high fences.

Two hundred years ago many people enjoyed the sports of bear baiting and dog fights.

Times change.

I doubt we'll see the end of steeplechase racing in my lifetime but I think it's quite possible it will be banned at some point if public opinion goes that way.

The members posting here aren't moaners or spoilsports - they're discussing an animal welfare issue they believe is important.
If it causes some people to think and reevaluate their own opinion then it's worthwhile.

Two hundred years ago many people enjoyed the sports of bear baiting and dog fights.

Times change.

I doubt we'll see the end of steeplechase racing in my lifetime but I think it's quite possible it will be banned at some point if public opinion goes that way.

The members posting here aren't moaners or spoilsports - they're discussing an animal welfare issue they believe is important.
If it causes some people to think and reevaluate their own opinion then it's worthwhile.
dog fights still continue all over uk and the world

probably correct re the steeplechase, will all be on artificial tracks of some type

not sure anyone's opinion will change through reading this thread, unfortunately

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Great intel!

At 105W per channel into 8 Ω - or 162 in 4 Ω - the Elicit 5 is still quite a powerful amp for a small room, although most small monitors - like your PROACs - definitely need a bit of power to come to life.

Congratulations on getting the formula right! 🥳👍

dog fights still continue all over uk and the world

probably correct re the steeplechase, will all be on artificial tracks of some type

not sure anyone's opinion will change through reading this thread, unfortunately
It's nice to see there are so many knowledge non racing fans on here who think it should be banned.

They already have artificial tracks and it's called All Weather Racing. Having artificial for steeple chasing would be extremely dangerous for the horses welfare, it's speed that kills. Having slower going and not making the fences too easy (I would say manageable) is the way forward.

It's nice to see there are so many knowledge non racing fans on here who think it should be banned.

They already have artificial tracks and it's called All Weather Racing. Having artificial for steeple chasing would be extremely dangerous for the horses welfare, it's speed that kills. Having slower going and not making the fences too easy (I would say manageable) is the way forward.
I was a fan, keep up or shut up

I said ALL racing to be all weather, at the moment it is not

I was a fan, keep up or shut up

I said ALL racing to be all weather, at the moment it is not
In which case why post the nonsense about artificial tracks, maybe you need to keep up. I keep up with horse racing since it's an interest of mine.
All weather for jumps racing WOULD BE DANGEROUS FOR HORSES, Southwell tried it a few years ago, but quickly ended that experiment.

In which case why post the nonsense about artificial tracks, maybe you need to keep up. I keep up with horse racing since it's an interest of mine.
All weather for jumps racing WOULD BE DANGEROUS FOR HORSES, Southwell tried it a few years ago, but quickly ended that experiment.
It was an interest for me but I have moved on.
So one attempt at Southwell did not work, how do you know future ones will also fail.

It was an interest for me but I have moved on.
So one attempt at Southwell did not work, how do you know future ones will also fail.
Like I said previously, speed kills. Horse going slower at the fence stand more chance of not hurting themselves if falling, going quicker their chances of hurting themselves (breaking a leg) increase. Horses would be traveling faster on an artificial surface. When racing on good old grass, meetings are abandoned if it is unsafe for horses.

Like I said previously, speed kills. Horse going slower at the fence stand more chance of not hurting themselves if falling, going quicker their chances of hurting themselves (breaking a leg) increase. Horses would be traveling faster on an artificial surface. When racing on good old grass, meetings are abandoned if it is unsafe for horses.
I get what you are saying, but future artificial tracks could be made slower, who knows for sure.

I wonder if you can bet on the time of the next death, that would be fun..........
What an awful thing to say, even in jest.
I never like to see horses fall and hurt themselves, I've seen a few that upset me in the past, it happens. I would still not call horse racing a cruel sport, nothing like fox/stag hunting, bull/dog fighting and would always vote against those.

advertisement

Back