advertisement

Key Workers get predictable kick in the teeth.

It didn’t take long to get to the economic model being crap and to Labour being no different to the tories. Is the thread killed already, I wonder?

It didn’t take long to get to the economic model being crap and to Labour being no different to the tories. Is the thread killed already, I wonder?
If the nature of the question isn't economic, then what is it? Along with the fact that pretty much every party subscribes to the same approach. This has to be faced. If you want to stop the leak you have to find the source of it.

Good Morning All,

As a matter of interest what do people on the forum think/ believe would be an appropriate pay rise at this time for people in the NHS?

Bearing in mind the impact this would have elsewhere........

Regards

Richard

Good Morning All,

As a matter of interest what do people on the forum think/ believe would be an appropriate pay rise at this time for people in the NHS?

Regards

Richard
What impact would it have elsewhere?

Of course, salary is part of a remuneration package. When total employment benefits are considered, I’d suggest it could paint a different picture. Many in the private sector will be getting nothing. Nada. Not that they should complain, they are free to work elsewhere. I’m hearing of folks in the private sector switching to public sector roles to get some pension years under their belt before it’s too late, driven by falls in private pension benefits.

Good Morning All,

Regards

Richard

25%. 10% just takes them back to where they were a year ago - the extra 15% is to encourage those in the NHS to stay and persuade others to consider it as a career worth pursuing where they won't be worked to a standstill, taken for granted, applauded during a health crisis and then forgotten about. Even 25% isn’t enough really.

25%. 10% just takes them back to where they were a year ago - the extra 15% is to encourage those in the NHS to stay and persuade others to consider it as a career worth pursuing where they won't be worked to a standstill, taken for granted, applauded during a health crisis and then forgotten about. Even 25% isn’t enough really.
Backdated two years.

I suppose the key workers at least had jobs during the pandemic. I think some sectors are very poorly paid, nurses particularly given their work practices & expertise.

Drs do pretty well, especially when they get to consultant level. I do think there should be a more gradual pay scale for them, the jump to consultant level is very significant & unnecessarily selective.

It is funny when you compare the sectors, very little cross knowledge as to how things are & this sometimes doesn’t help the cause of the public sector. Last thing we want is a race to the bottom though.

I think they should agree a phased pay increase across certain jobs, probably 25% but over 3 years.

https://www.civilserviceworld.com/n...ase-as-government-rejects-ssrb-recommendation
The government has rejected recommendations from the Senior Salaries Review Body to increase senior civil servants’ pay by 3% this year, despite inflation hitting 9% in May.

Instead, the government will increase SCS pay by 2% for almost all senior civil servants.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...civil-service-pay-remit-guidance-2022-to-2023
This year, departments are able to make average pay awards up to 2%. Departments also have additional flexibility to pay up to a further 1% where they can demonstrate targeting of the pay award to address specific priorities in their workforce and pay strategies.

This is on top of what has been an effective 20% cut in real terms since 2010. (https://prospect.org.uk/news/37652)

Well say they were given an inflation matching rise of 9.4% this would set the bar for all other pay settlements or at least an expectation?

Regards

Richard

That’s where we’re heading doctors have just had a 5% pay cut and other public sectors workers are in the same boat, the shits have refused to give civil servants 3.5% and have offered 3% etc etc so no doubt more workers will be out on strike.

The tories hate the public sector and that’s always where the battle lines are drawn.

That’s where we’re heading doctors have just had a 5% pay cut and other public sectors workers are in the same boat, the shits have refused to give civil servants 3.5% and have offered 3% etc etc so no doubt more workers will be out on strike.

The tories hate the public sector and that’s always where the battle lines are drawn.

There is always the option of making one-off payments in addition to a percentage rise, in the case of the NHS this would be recognition for the exceptional circumstances they faced for the two years of the pandemic. Even these could be staged over say 13 months i.e one payment now and another in 12 months time??

Regards

Richard

advertisement

Back