advertisement

KEF LS60 - real or hoax?

Yank

Bulbous Also Tapered
This was apparently up on KEF's Australian site for a short time yesterday, then quickly taken down:

ENeI2eV.jpg

48Lj85M.jpg

Lots of speculation about these all over the web. They look like a credible model to me. I'd like to think that blue would be one of several available finishes.

I wonder if the drivers on the sides are a woofer and a passive radiator? Or, or et cetera?

The configuration looks similar to the Blade. Perhaps Blade tech in a less costly and less divisive cabinet form?

Of course kef will merge the two products, Meta tulip driver and sub in one cabinet.

if it includes room correction software in a new app it could be a game changer - they need to respond to Dutch and Dutch and Kii

Of course kef will merge the two products, Meta tulip driver and sub in one cabinet.

if it includes room correction software in a new app it could be a game changer - they need to respond to Dutch and Dutch and Kii

You think so? Kef are, generally, mass market manufacturers. The Kii 3 is £15k; not really mass market is it? Very, very, few people will have that budget.

You think so? Kef are, generally, mass market manufacturers. The Kii 3 is £15k; not really mass market is it? Very, very, few people will have that budget.

Yeabut KEF can manufacture it for less money, say retail of 6-8k. I think that this sort of figure is becoming more mainstream, so more mass market. Yes I do think so.

I think that pic is of an older unrealised design - The badge on a tab sticking out on top makes it look like a design from older generation eg r300, r500 etc - they got rid of that sticking-out badge a few years ago.

Given how impressed I've been with my R3s for two years now I'd be seriously interested in a larger KEF active.

It looks much like a lot of other speakers to me. just change the front baffle and a wood veneer over the rest, obvs not gold for the mid/tweeter, and it looks like lots of other modern floorstanders. But its a moot point cos I don't think they actually exist.

I like them and like the finish, though I agree the blade is stunning.
Slightly amused by those that think high end, high cost, fast obsolescence products such as the Dutch and Dutch and Kii are something KEF spend a lot of time thinking about. Or even that £6-£8K speakers with built in dacs and dsp are going to sell in any volume in the UK at this time.

Do not think Kef are chasing the £15k segment
GP China Kef Division 2020-21 Total revenue was $202.9 million,

advertisement

Back