advertisement

JVC AX-Z1010TN - Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else see an irony that these amps being discussed in the Classic section are actually still more up to date in design and execution than most brand new amps!?

I well remember the days when due to all the flat earth bollocks you could pick up Jap monster amps for £20 all day long. I wish I'd invested back then... hindsight etc.
When I bought my first Leak Stereo 20 around 1990 I paid £20 for that! :D

Not just Jap monster amps. Wish I'd had the hindsight to fill a warehouse with analogue synths. Around the same time I was buying Roland TB303's for £40-50; they are now well north of £1K.

Well the JVC monster turned up today, only working on one channel so it's going back and I am getting a full refund.

I tried it with Briks, whether it is a bad mix, obviously a damaged amp but it all sounded awful.

I will be staying with the Stonehenge clan.

Well the JVC monster turned up today, only working on one channel so it's going back and I am getting a full refund.

I tried it with Briks, whether it is a bad mix, obviously a damaged amp but it all sounded awful.

I will be staying with the Stonehenge clan.

Not really a fair test to make that decision though Mark!

So I'm back from a week away and listening to The WHO 'Did you steal my money'.

I'm hearing things I have never heard before on it, I'm still convinced this amp is better than my NAIM stuff.

The vocal interplay at the end is so much better resolved I can't believe how good it is.

So I'm back from a week away and listening to The WHO 'Did you steal my money'.

I'm hearing things I have never heard before on it, I'm still convinced this amp is better than my NAIM stuff.

The vocal interplay at the end is so much better resolved I can't believe how good it is.

Try the 'Mojo Mod' on your Naim 250/135 before selling anything ;)

Mr Tibbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back