advertisement

JVC AX-Z1010TN - Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Andrew,

I am really pleased for you. What a find. Will make for a less cluttered living room.

It looks a bit busy inside - i would not like to have to recap it.

Regards, Stu.

Depends on ones point of view. I would happily buy the new z1010 on eBay for £650 at the moment. It's bettered >£2500 of NAIM gear.

Did you have a Naim dac ?, if so how does it compare to the onboard dac in the JVC ? Aye saw the new one from Canada, had more than 1 too.

No, I used the DAC in my Arcam Delta 70.3 until the arrival of the JVC.

All I will say is that's its mile better than the Arcam one. It looks quite posh and the digital direct feature really does open up the sound.

Sorry for gushing but this is the best hi-fi purchase I have made in many a year.

If my 1010 was poor I'd be getting a new one but as it is as new there is no point.

Had a Sony VFET amp that I refurbish a bit, sounded sweet as candy but yet as detailed as my 909. Too bad it lacked a little in the bottom department, it had to go.
Also have a Yamaha CA-1010, 2x100W in class B or 2x15W in class A. Very good with loads of funktions, except loudness. Has osme issues with relays and pre-power amp switch though. Use it in my home office with JBL L100s, a Touch and a A77...many vintage Jap amps are brilliant and of good quality.

There's an Akai am-95 on the bay at the moment, Can't be worth that surely ?

Yes there are two AKAI AM-95 amps on the bay for sale now one in the UK for RIP OFF Britain pricing and one in Germany for half the price with best offer feature.

So UK seller is fishing for fools.

Yes indeed Mark. And let me be clear (best politician speak) NAIM is still wonderful gear and I can see why many would prefer it to my JVC; they are not wrong and neither am I.

Currently on 'Mother Focus' on vinyl....sounding fab.

P.S. John is on my ignore list so you have given me an insight into his post.

I'm not sure that is correct at all.

But if folks are enjoying their music, well that's what it's all about.

Indeed...all that matters is increasing your level of enjoyment.

P.S. if I recall correctly Andrew's Naim setup wasn't stock so he really didn't just move away from Naim. He'd already done that ;-)

Indeed...all that matters is increasing your level of enjoyment.

P.S. if I recall correctly Andrew's Naim setup wasn't stock so he really didn't just move away from Naim. He'd already done that ;-)

Dave, you still gonna speak to me?

Dave, you still gonna speak to me?

Of course man! I'm glad you found something you like even better that didn't bust the wallet and with the added bonus that leaving Naim wasn't due to the company wounding you or causing the downfall of any industries! It's so rare and refreshing to see an Internet forum audiophile with his head screwed on tight ;-)

regards,

dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back