advertisement

JVC AX-Z1010TN - Review (part II)

Anyone who would like to listen to this amp (JVC AX-Z1010TN) and can get to Stratford E13 see Off Topic section.

Apparently the guy has the matching digifine tuner and CD player (XL-Z1010TN), which I've been offered. I'm very tempted, but now very much in the process of reducing the number of boxes I have. If anyone has been looking out for one or both of these and you're not near London, perhaps I could help?

Apparently the guy has the matching digifine tuner and CD player (XL-Z1010TN), which I've been offered. I'm very tempted, but now very much in the process of reducing the number of boxes I have. If anyone has been looking out for one or both of these and you're not near London, perhaps I could help?

I'd reccomend the getting the CD player, great build quality and great sound ;)

Or you could get a lovely matching DAT deck :eek:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JVC-Digital-Audio-Tape-DAT-PLAYER-XD-Z1010-K2-/172542736689?hash=item282c593931:g:5CAAAOSwSlBYsU0y

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
They're both the same I believe.

Obviously, if you want to drive 4 speakers, you would have to consider the loading.

hi there,
I'm a happy owner of a late 1010 for a while :) and have just spotted this thread - great. I wonder, though, where exactly to measure bias/idle current? the SM says
"Idling current detection voltage check points:
L ch - TP401 pin 5 and 4 (pin 5 is the negative side)
R ch - TP401 pin 1 and 2 (pin 1 is the negative side) "
if I put the probes on the above pins, e.g. pins 5 and 4, though, I read 0.5mV on the meter, and by slightly turning the corresponding R461 trim pot in any direction (or R462, respectively, for the other channel and using pins 1 and 2) nothing changes.
thus, I wonder if I should find another check points for the probes to check and, if necessary, be able to adjust the right (10mV) values - I mean one probe sits on e.g. pin 5 and I need a different check point, not pin 4, for the R channel? please advise - thanks

Well I bought mine from Marktplaats. IIRC it was a 'buy it now'. It arrived with a bent shaft on the big volume knob but Henry (toprepairman) fixed that as well as converting it for 240V operation.

Marktplaats is owned by ebay, but unfortunately doesn't use the ebay bidding system, so you either pay the price they ask or make an offer. I see the amp you linked to is now at least reserved if not sold.

Marktplaats is owned by ebay, but unfortunately doesn't use the ebay bidding system, so you either pay the price they ask or make an offer. I see the amp you linked to is now at least reserved if not sold.

Thanks Julf. I'm actually after something else.

So if I make an offer and it's accepted, what methods of payment are available to me? (GBP to EUR can be a load of hassle)
Once an offer is made, does the seller have respond within a certain time frame?
There's a date of 24 May on the listing (translation is 'since 24 May. '17, 19:09'). Does this mean the seller has until then to wait for the best offer?
If it's junk, am I protected at all?
If I am protected, do I have to pay the return shipping costs to get a refund?

They usually support PayPal. Marktplaats don't really provide any buyer protection themselves, unfortunately.

Usually the only date shown is the date the ad was placed.

the Dutch seem to be pretty straightforward and co-operative guys, as my experience with them shows (also at Marktplaats, several times), dealing with them has proven to be safe. also, in most cases they accept offers - be real, though, when doing so as they don't like bargain seekers. and a Best Offer is a Best Offer, hence no, if the offered price is okay the seller won't wait until the listing ends, just as at eBay.
moreover, the Dutch look not to really prefer PP - all of my purchases have been via BT. so the only thing you can rely on is the listing, and the messages between you and the seller which, should a problem occur, if documented properly all the way through must be enough to prove a case. if you, though, pay via PP you're covered anyway - provided you choose the 'payment for goods' option, which I've always done even when making a purchase from here (and took the accompanying PP fee - for me that +5% is not a money thrown out of the window, should the worst happen...)
hope it helps

advertisement

Back