Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Jungle

Discussion in 'music' started by Big Tabs, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Big Tabs

Big Tabs pants up, knee down

Get the stuff I have recommended for a start, a good base, and it would be expensive trying to get the 12” copies.

Start with this. Lots of classics, the pressing is good,

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B084Z74ZKG/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

2. Simon s

Simon s pfm Member

Cheers for the heads up. I remember the Omni trio stuff and mixtapes by Grooverider and Fabio but useful to know track listings of most of the other classics. Like you say, sourcing the original 12" / whitelabels is gonna cost a fortune.

Big Tabs likes this.
  3. smike

smike pfm Member

Love Jungle. Remember listening to old school mixtapes as a teenager. Still to this day my favourite form of dance or club music.

Big Tabs likes this.
  4. kingston12

kingston12 pfm Member

I might have to give that a go. I used to love this stuff 25 years ago and it still gets a spin now even though my overall tastes are somewhat more varied.

I have enjoyed this compilation that came out on Soul Jazz earlier in the year:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B083XX6CK6/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

I do wish that I had kept my old collection of Jungle and Drum & Bass 12"s from the 90s though.

Big Tabs likes this.
  5. fegs

fegs pfm Member

I'm liking the look of that!

Big Tabs likes this.
  6. Big Tabs

Big Tabs pants up, knee down

I have played it twice every day since it arrived, even the Lovers Rock stuff is tuneful. triple album, and I think it is an import.

:):):)

7. fegs

fegs pfm Member

I've been giving this a couple of plays on Spotify, excellent compilation

Cheers for the heads up

Big Tabs likes this.
  8. Mickdale

Mickdale pfm Member

or as dark as it gets

Big Tabs likes this.