advertisement

John Peel's Record Collection goes online

Got the Hammill, Paul Haig and Nina Hagen. I see Peel had the good sense to stop after Hagen's first 2 albums, I wish I could say the same for myself.

I'm feeling decidedly stupid but i can't find the link that has his list of records alphabetically. Can someone help me please?

The letters only seem to go up to a certain point. I wanted to see what Fall LPs he had, but the "Fs" stop at Fairport Convention. Which seems a shame.

Thanks Dean, they sound very much my "thang". Odd that I have never heard of them as that era and Sheffield bands in particular are generally well known to me.

I can confirm you are item number 6 in my collection. Hope that helps. By the way who is the featured artist for J? That site is rubbish on my phone.

Great to see he didn't drool too much about hi -fi. Only Anoraks look into people rooms and try to guess what labels are on the boxes..........as if they were some kind of living species.:rolleyes:
About as interesting as what kind of ass paper he used.

I have to say he has an awful lot of K's that I have never heard of. And Kansas!

I've got some of the KLF, Kanda Bongo Man and the Mick Karn album. Not got the Kansas or Kajagoogoo. The Kaleidoscope albums are worth real serious cash if they are originals, proper rare as hens teeth 60s psych.

I've got some of the KLF, Kanda Bongo Man and the Mick Karn album. Not got the Kansas or Kajagoogoo. The Kaleidoscope albums are worth real serious cash if they are originals, proper rare as hens teeth 60s psych.

Excellent albums, as well. If you haven't heard it, check out "Taxim" on "A Beacon From Mars".

I actually do have copies of both "Side Trips" and "Beacon". American imports on the Epic label. Both in good nick, too.

Bought them in One Stop Records just off Oxford St. in London. Now that was SOME record shop!

Chris

advertisement

Back