advertisement

John o’ Groats to Land’s End virtual walk

Now on the cycle path between Bristol and Bath. I suspect he might be thinking of taking a short cut to Cornwall by crowbarring his way into a different dimension from inside. I also suspect that would be a really, really bad idea. I hope Neil Owen (photo © him (cc-by-sa/2.0)) has the good sense to put his camera down and stop him.

i.php

Cycled past there this eve; not a trace.

Which means I must hurry home and secure the cellar before Marchbanks Minimus breaks-in.

The virtual walk was ahead of schedule, so to while away the time before the next scheduled meeting I instructed Lego Marchbanks to head through Bath to the American Museum on the eastern side. This was in honour of Marchbanks Towers’ new (real) neighbour who I met properly (ie over a glass of something) earlier in the week. Besides ticking all the right boxes - he has a Pro-ject and a Sonos (not entirely sure what that is, but I think it is pfm-friendly), owns several guitars, claims to play them really badly (a good sign) and mentioned John Lee Hooker, Buddy Guy, BB King, Clapton and Green and Steely Dan when asked to name some favourites - he is also a volunteer guide at this museum. A virtual visit was definitely in order.

20230617195248-6b6c5932.jpg

Then a loop back into town and a meeting with @martin clark. Lego Marchbanks was particularly looking forward to this as he knew of the existence of the Clark Tasty Lego Motors Ltd showroom on Martin’s window ledge, and was keen to add to his own collection. Having grabbed his glass of complimentary fizz and cheesecake, he took a look round. He was rather taken with the sporty red number…

…but then saw the individual-sized Millennium Falcon parked in the annexe. He wanted to go for a test spin over the rooftops, but unfortunately there wasn’t enough four-star in the tank.

Martin had generously agreed to put him up for the night, which naturally meant that after an hour or so he needed to pop out for more wine. By way of thanks LM finished off some colouring-in for him on a Very Important Project while he was gone. I’m sure that spill will sponge out fairly easily.

Last edited:
@Marchbanks - Good job there wasn't enough four-star in the tank - the little, erm, considerably 'refreshed' chap would have taken-off backwards, in no state to do the Keynsham Run in under 12 Parsecs.

Also glad he didn't find the short-wheelbase & supercharged Lego 8860 out back. That could have been ..messy. ATB!

8860_for_sale_800px.jpg

advertisement

Back