advertisement

Jazz experts - are the Mosaic LP box sets worth investing in?

Complete Silent Way Sessions and Complete 63-64 Columbia ordered from Acoustic Sounds. Order status shows that they've been "on hold to be weighed" since the weekend. Is this normal?

Steve.

Hi Steve

I ordered from Acoustic Sounds and here is the progress of my order which was delivered yesterday.

ABINGDON,
GB 30/05/2007 13:02 DELIVERY
30/05/2007 6:27 IMPORT SCAN
30/05/2007 6:26 OUT FOR DELIVERY
EAST MIDLANDS AIRPOR,
GB 29/05/2007 23:28 IMPORT SCAN
29/05/2007 23:23 IMPORT SCAN
29/05/2007 15:04 REGISTERED WITH CLEARING AGENCY;SHIPMENT SUBMITTED TO CLEARING AGENCY
29/05/2007 15:04 REGISTERED WITH CLEARING AGENCY;RELEASED BY CLR AGENCY. NOW IN-TRANSIT
EAST MIDLANDS AIRPOR,
GB 27/05/2007 21:39 ARRIVAL SCAN
PHILADELPHIA,
PA, US 27/05/2007 10:07 DEPARTURE SCAN
PHILADELPHIA,
PA, US 25/05/2007 17:42 ARRIVAL SCAN
LOUISVILLE,
KY, US 25/05/2007 15:57 DEPARTURE SCAN
LENEXA,
KS, US 25/05/2007 0:46 ARRIVAL SCAN
SALINA,
KS, US 24/05/2007 21:32 DEPARTURE SCAN
24/05/2007 20:25 ORIGIN SCAN
US 24/05/2007 18:49 BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

I had to pay tax etc. on this

You say that for your first shipment, you did not have to pay tax, was this ordered from Acoustic Sounds or Mosaic

Albert

Albert

My Mosaic order was placed last Weds eve, arrived today (would have been Tues if anyone had been in). No tax was charged. Actually, I've just noticed that Mosaic seem to have <coughs> made a slight typo in the customs value declaration.

My Acoustic Sounds order was placed on Friday and has been 'on hold for weighing' since. I'll send them an e-mail.

Steve.

Albert, et al.

Acoustic sounds puts the retail value of the box set on the Customs Manifest/Declaration. $180 for example. It is marked as LP Media. This can be significant.

Mosaic Records as the manufacturer put the cost to manufacture/replacement value on the on the Customs Manifest/Declaration. $55 for both my Complete in a Silent Way and Bitches Brew Box sets. It is marked as sound recording. And no tax was charged.

Steve, I'm in the same boat with Acoustic sounds...on hold to be weighed for a week, no answers to e-mails & Silent Way now removed from site....not looking too hopeful.. :-(

Steve, I'm in the same boat with Acoustic sounds...on hold to be weighed for a week, no answers to e-mails & Silent Way now removed from site....not looking too hopeful.. :-(

Just had an email back from Acoustic apologising for the delay and saying it will ship today.

Steve

PS & FYI, the shipping charge on 18 LPs (two box sets, three singles) came to $49.

Hurrah!! Mine arrived today!!! TRIPLE boxed with bubblewrap (these guys know how to pack - I'll let them off the slight delay in getting them away!). No customs charges thankfully.
Listening to Silent Way now - superb!! Gonna be a long night.

Hurrah!! Mine arrived today!!! TRIPLE boxed with bubblewrap (these guys know how to pack - I'll let them off the slight delay in getting them away!). No customs charges thankfully.
Listening to Silent Way now - superb!! Gonna be a long night.
Woo-hoo! According to the tracker, mine was last scanned on arrival at East Mids airport, Sunday evening. So I should be due to get a failed delivery card any day now.

S

Into disc 3 of Silent Way now...and it is sublime.
Thanks again starbuck. :) :) :)))

Buying the 6 sets in one hit was by far the biggest single music purchase I've ever made. I haven't regretted it for a second yet and I doubt I ever will, and I'm glad you're enjoying yours too.

Mosaic are fab. I ordered the Miles/Coltrane box a few months ago, and the Miles 65-68 box on Wednesday -- and it's already here! LP 2, side 2 playing as I type, and it sounds better than a mid-70s US copy of "Miles Smiles" I've got.

I wish I had bought more of these. Heard a Mosaic Jimmy Guiffre Atlantic box set at a friend's house and it was great, too.

There's not much Mosaic vinyl left!

Edit: The box set has sold out since I posted this message this morning!

advertisement

Back